How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fix/allow selecting and copying text from conversations.

Currently it's not possible to easily select and copy multiple blocks of text/replies from the conversation window, regardless of whether in the desktop or the web client. Attempting to select multiple blocks instead selects a single "reply". If possible, it would also be nice if the selected text were copied into the clipboard "pretty-printed" with nice formatting (includes user, date/time, etc).

243 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a ****** product, and service to boot. But since it is Microsoft who has taken over skype - who could possibly be surprised by this? I see that MS has completely stopped responding to this thread. Too complicated to resolve this?

• albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature used to work prefectly in Skype v7.59.37, however it's come to the end of support and the client just hangs so I'm forced to upgrade to v8.32.0.44. (I'm on MacOS) Now the copy and paste is totally useless!
        All that is required is the name of the person, the time stamp, and the text to be copied like it was before. How can it possibly take that long to fix?!?

• Rafał commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"WORKING ON IT ·
        ADMIN
        Suphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) answered · April 14, 2017
        Thanks everyone for flagging to me that this feature is broken. I’ve told the team and they are working on it ASAP!

-Suphatra"

Congratulations. You're working on a most basic feature for 1,5 years. Any update? Or should we all switch to Slack?

also so hard to select a small message without the like icon popping up blocking you from selecting the rest of this message

• D Bromley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The single most frustrating feature in any IM software I've ever used. Shouldn't it be an easy fix? Come on guys!

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request just passed the 500-day milestone since achieving "Working on it" status.

• david commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've been working on this for a very long time. Basically it just sucks.

• Tig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@suphatra, how's the work coming along on this, please? Maybe I missed it below, but I don't see an update. Thank you!

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still broken! How can you build an app without the basic feature of copy & paste?!

• David Ashdown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Highlighting 2 or more messages de-highlights the selected text once you let go of the left mouse button.

Scrolling up/down highlighting text which is more than 25 sent messages causes Teams to load/unload chat history, which causes all highlighted text to automatically de-highlight itself.

Please fix.

• James O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was marked "Working on it" in April 2017 and it is still broken. Copying communications to paste to another person or into a document, etc., is a fairly fundamental operation--even the generic Windows Notepad app supports proper text selection and clipboard operations--can this please get prioritized over adding new features like slash commands?

• Bradford S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No updates and Microsoft's flagship enterprise messaging program cannot copy and paste messages. We have resorted to copy and pasting screenshots of messages.

Hi Suphatra, can you confirm or deny that this limitation is by design?
        Team conversation become a part of corporate memory. Recently I asked the team to colloborate on a design to feedback to an architect. May I please have an update.
        With thanks, Tim

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base