How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Recording of video meetings

What about if video meetings could be recorded for later view, and what about if with speech to text technology we can have meeting notes of what we talked in the meeting.

1,214 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Luis Valencia - MVP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

too bad it's never been developed in the past, could've speeded up this process... **** technology!

Has a release date been set, other than ...early in the new calendar year... ?
        thanks

• Josh McManus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will we be lucky enough to have this feature work cross-platform out the gate, or are macOS users going to have to wait? This was one of my company's biggest issues with Skype for Business considering how many macOS users we have in our division.

• T Wolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recording the audio/video of a meeting has been a key feature for my production team in S4B. Not having this functionality in Teams has been a show stopper for us to completely make the switch.

• Noah Stahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be a big improvement on the SfB recording feature set. Looking forward to it.

• Trent Yates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blog https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/09/25/a-new-vision-for-intelligent-communications-in-office-365 mentioned:

During the meeting, the conversation can be captured, transcribed, and time-coded, with closed captioning and voice recognition for attributing remarks to specific individuals.

After the meeting, the cloud recording and transcript can be automatically added to the relevant channel, so conversations, documents, notes, and action items can be reviewed, indexed, and searched by the entire team.

Yet I can't see any way to actually do this, has this been released yet?

• Margie Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this important feature. I would like to add that the recording include any presented material as well.

Will also real help us with regulation requirements under Mifid II.

We will also require the ability to centrally manage the recordings as a default option.

Please give us an early Christmas Microsoft.

Speech-to-text would be an incredibly useful addition to a recording feature.

Nev

• Hayo Mulder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Warren for the feedback. But there was no mention of the speech-to-text in the replay. Is that being considered as well?

• MT User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been looking forward to this feature for over a year now... when will it be released for sure? thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base