How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Recording of video meetings

What about if video meetings could be recorded for later view, and what about if with speech to text technology we can have meeting notes of what we talked in the meeting.

967 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Luis Valencia - MVP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

If you were at Microsoft Ignite last week, you may have been lucky enough to see this feature demoed.

If you weren’t there — don’t worry! You can still see images from the demo and read all about our meeting magic on this blog: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Ignite-Blog/MVP-Live-Blog-Understanding-meetings-in-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/111703

-Suphatra

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Manolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, would be very useful for training new comers on workshops conducted online

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature in Teams! It will is a critical functionality to record a meeting. To capture Video and Voice, that is the key thing.

Meeting recording is critical. I'd add this as a matter of urgency if Teams is to replace SFB. Speech to text sounds like a move forward with technology to add in time.

• Rob Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How on earth can you be considering replacing SFB with Teams when it is lacking the absolute #1 most important feature. What is the point of having a Teams page where you can schedule and hold a meeting, if team members who couldn't participate have no way to come back and listen to that meeting later. It's almost as if the people in charge of Teams don't actually work in a team - or in an Enterprise firm of any kind. This is borderline incompetence.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is almost a deal breaker for me when comparing to SFB. Recording meetings is a valuable feature to my team.

• Mike Yeager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What it doesn't mention is when I might see that feature or how we would use it. We've tried a couple of test meetings and there is no recording.

Thanks,
        Mike

• Max Denton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to make recordings of video meetings available to team members that could not attend, or for later review by members that participated would be a very valuable addition.

that's a very long time to add a feature that already exists in your other tools, too

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ability (or lack thereof) is keeping us from moving over to this. Additionally, we are Mac-based.

• Shigeru Shibata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, Team. My premier customer is wondering if recording option for Teams meeting is going to be implemented in the near future. I guess this feedback is duplicate, but let me know if the recording option is already on the roadmap for the future update.

I would like to see the possibility to enable/disable this feature for a group.

A global enable/disable from admin and then a override from each group setting

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base