How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

986 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with adding this capability.
        I tried highlighting the conversations required and "copy" to a document, or do Ctrl-C then paste, but these fail.

100% agree - a method of exporting,saving, printing and recording chats is needed

• John-Fred Crane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed, the data must be stored for retention purpose so an api that would. provide acces and the ability to print and save is not to much to ask. I have a channel for it issues... where students can record screen shots. they can not put screen shots or images in a form to better understand the behavior. otherwise. I would use that.

Scrolling through the history of a chat is painfully slow. It would be nice if there were a way to mark a chat as wanting to download the entirety of it to a local PC. The search function is not always a practical replacement for this.

For all the functionality it has, I'm surprised there's no means to create a historical record. As an attorney, it's extremely important to prove the client was notified or involved in a particular discussion. For someone to say they weren't, which frequently happens if the case doesn't go their way, and me not have a record to CYA. That scares the **** out of me. I'd use this app much more if it had this functionality. Frankly surprised it wasn't already there from the beginning. Even more surprised it's gone this long without someone realizing it should have been there and isn't. Poor planning.

• Stephen P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure how this feature got missed in version 1. This issue alone has kept me on Skype for Business as long as possible.

• Josh Grubman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having admin access over team chats is a huge liability. These are company-owned resources. Admins need to have access as oversight.

IRL user story from today:

As a Software/Operations Engineer on support rotation,
        I want to export the thread where my team coordinated to resolve an issue,
        so that I can attach it to the ticket in our issue tracking system for use in retrospectives.

Thanks!

Agreed. There needs to be a viable tool/process to harvest the knowledge within Conversations vs saving entire 'chat room'

• Jennifer Reichart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to look at chat histories locally. (I had to wait 15 seconds for screen to re-draw, just to scroll UP thru today's chats, to see what I talked with the developers about earlier today! And then another 15sec, and another 15sec, and another 15sec. So I tried to jump to the top of today's chat, and then go down, and there were blank spots of the chat in the middle, so I had to wait another 15sec for that to download, just to see the timestamp, and then move up/down again, to find the section I was looking for!!!) Not happy with everything being on the server, and needing to wait for it to download. God forbid if I need to copy/paste part of my chat from yesterday with him, to someone else. I don't even know how to get to it, without taking 5min just to GET TO that section of text.

Very painful without the feature to export chat transcript. It's a non-trivial feature take-back WRT Skype.

• Jason Seifried commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An incredibly important feature for any organization that deals with auditors. Without this feature, Teams is a not-starter.

• aLgae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other than Chat Conversations, can the Wiki also be exported as an editable file?

User Challenge:
        . Sometimes there are certain info which needs to be shared for all new channels.
        . Currently we have to copy line-by-line (title and contents cannot be copied together) and we lose graphics too.

Request:
        . Make it easy to duplicate Wiki (and Planner, MindMeister, etc.) in multiple channels, or export as an editable file and import back into a new channel

Thanks!

We have some customers that for compliance cases need to be able to export history conversations.
        Thank you,
        Simone Reale

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base