How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

1,336 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

198 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shinichi Nishioka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

現在提供されている compliance search の機能では、チャット ログを PST 形式でエクスポートし、Outlook クライアントで閲覧することができるが、これを Teams クライアント側に再度取り込むことができない制限がある。

万が一のデータセンターでのデータのロストに備えて、手元にチャットのログをバックアップとして出力する機能、ならびにバックアップを復元する機能の実装を強く望みます。

Currently provided compliance search functionality allows you to export chat logs in PST format and view them in the Outlook client, but there is a limitation that this can not be recaptured on the Teams client side.

In preparation for data loss in the data center, we strongly hope to have the ability to output the chat log as a backup as well as the ability to restore the backup.

• Mark Howey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review for 9 months. Please provide an update with point of view on when this functionality will be available. I suspect this a significant roadblock for customers to move from Skype to Teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very important to be able to archives the messages. And above all customers will look for this feature

• Michelle Glass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the chat function within meetings as a facilitation tool (i.e. ask question, have everyone comment, then we discuss). It would make note taking so much easier if I didn't have to copy each comment or re-type for my notes afterwards.

• Antonino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am at the present moment been asked to migrate an existing channel to another team within the organisation due to a restructure. And I have just noticed that it can not be done.

The ability to export /audit Teams would be an important feature for many of our clients.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a number of people in my company requesting a way to export the chat history. I have told them they can archive the team and get back to it, but they don't like that. They really want to be able to save the conversation.

• Luca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the export of chats since Teams doesn't have a well with copy/paste

Please provide an Update on this. We also face documentation issues with this tool - and need to be Able to print the dialogues and messages sent in a Team. In the best case without any timespan-issues.

• sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add this, especially since Teams doesn't play well with copy/paste

• Arthur Pozner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Skype for Business it is possible to copy the text to another document. I wish we could do the same or similar with Teams

• Preben Gammelmark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't see that coming. The huge effort involved in harvesting pertinent team contribution and action items, question and answers from large team collaboration events, renders Microsoft Teams unfit for the purpose of team collaboration.
    The only option I see is to look for another solution for team collaboration.

• Robin Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes...please add this ability for viewing retaining and reviewing teams chats within the organization

• Jacob Schlitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our previous chat application, I was essentially using its logs as a prosthetic memory. Although Teams has a search feature, it is pretty terrible. I just want the text logs so I can grep through them looking for the answer to a problem that I know I solved a few months ago.

In order to meet our compliance requirements in the pharmaceutical industry we must be able to download and archive conversations, period. Great product, really want to use it, but this is a deal breaker for us. Please get it done.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base