How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

4,138 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like one of the most fundamental things that TEAMS is lacking today.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the planner is project management LITE, are there any plans to integrate to MS Project or other PM tool that makes is SEAMLESS between collaboration and project management.

What solutions do you propose while this integration is still in the works?

• Jean-François commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, do you have a date or a schedule for this evolution request?

It's true that having a planner in Teams with tasks that does not appear in our Outlook schedules is really blocking.

Thanks

• Lauri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also heavily struggling with this problematic. Multiple meetings, minutes here and there, action points created in those meetings across the company. Then try to see what needs to be done next... Microsoft does not currently really provide any solution for this. Teams (comms and meetings) - Onenote (meeting minutes) - Planner (team level action planning) - ToDo (individual person all ToDo's) integration might solve the issue if planned carefully.

But frequent updates from MS on this issue would be valuable for us as a community trying to use MS solutions in businesses.

• Frédéric CHEVRIER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you give us some visibility on this point ?
    An roadmap for Planner - SharePoint and/or Planner - Outlook integration is the future. How will you manage this ?

• T Wolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linking a OneNote section, page, paragraph, or task into Planner would truly streamline meetings. It should include assign, bucket, and due date options at a minimum with "more options".

Linked tasks checked off in Planner should automatically be checked off in OneNote (and vice-versa - two-way sync). Links from Planner should open the OneNote desktop app...not OneNote online!

• Julien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also totally integrated OneNote in teams AND Planner.
    Use case : Meeting management
    With : agenda in OneNote, minutes in OneNite during the session and task assignation from OneNote directly to Planner without switching beteween the tabs or apps.

You can really do a difference by solving the nightmare of meeting management in companies

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is an interesting tool, but it will need team-wide summary tools to be effective. As a project manager, I can assign plans to different channels, but there is no universal task view to show all planner assignments across the team...let alone seeing an individual's loads if the person is a member of multiple teams.

• Dennis Boldt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Office suite provides a bunch of places to organize tasks. A full sync of these tasks is mandaroy for an fully integrated Office 365. I see a need asap for:

- TODO Tasks
    - Planner Tasks
    - Sharpoint Tasks (Projcect plan)
    - Outlook Tasks (flags)
    - OneNote Tasks (flags)
    - Outlook E-Mails
    - Teams
    - Show them in the Calendar

Thanks!

• ITPro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@warren - any chance you can provide an update on this? It's been a couple months.

• Mikael Karlsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if every time a task is created, regardless if it's in Onenote, Outlook or any other Place, you could choose to which of your teams and bucket that task should sort under.

I like to stay in Teams for most of the time, therefore I've created a Team with just me adding my own OneNote, my own Planner and my own OneDrive. It would be perfekt if it was possible to add the "My Task"-section in the browser version of Planner into my "me-team" in Teams.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base