How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

2,696 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is simply no more important feature for businesses right now than this.

We cannot move forward with Teams implementation without Outlook Calendar integration. The rest are nice, but if my users can't schedule meetings in teams because they can't see other attendees availability, it's not a useful tool.

• Susan Glowinska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate email and tasks (Outlook) into teams so there could be a dashboard which shows current day meetings, inbox, tasks all in one view (three different columns) on a personal team

Users should be able to configure exactly what shows in the Files section that is shortcut in the left side panel, e.g. adding favorites for certain SharePoint (sub)sites, additional cloud storage (not just out of the box), allowing both Business OneDrive and personal OneDrive to be added here.

I recently worked on a busy project with 40+ channels and 250 people in the Team, and a LOT of them had things for me to do. Not all of them could be done at the same time. I need a way to do the equivalent of leaving things in my inbox or adding them to a task list. My workflow looked like "go through the activity feed to see what showed up overnight, handle what I could immediately, and WRITE ON A POST-IT what had to wait." Silly.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I REALLY want One Task List to rule them ALL!!!!

So if I have a task assigned to me ANYWHERE I can see it in one consolidated task list in Teams.
        - MS To Do
        - MS Outlook Tasks
        - MS Planner Tasks
        - any other random task list MS dreams up!!

• Ole Ærbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feature request:
        Establishing a daily taks overview in each consultants calendar by adding tasks to Outlook.

a) Like the ToDo app have the option to add each checklist-item to Tasks in Outlook
        b) Add each checklist-item as an appointment in Outlook

• Ole Ærbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are trying out Planner as a task-distribution tool. To gain effective use of the product we suggest the following features added to the product:

1) Each checklist-item must contain Start and End date as we see the overall Start and end date as the overall task dates
        2) Each checklist-item must contain Estimate time
        3) Each checklist-item must contain "% Work Complete"
        4) The possibility to send an email when a new checklist-item is added.
        5) Assign a checklist-item to a user
        (Not necessarily the same employee that must solve all checklists)

6) Gant-view for all checklists (like the product Float), but where we can see who has which checklist, when they starts and ends.

..That will enable us to use Planner

This is a great improvement. I note the calendar entry has a link back to the task in the Planner web app. Can that link be to Planner within the Teams app so we can stay within Teams?

• Dion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AFAIK there was a Outlook / Project connector already in 2007 ...
        Without too much knowledge around this, I cannot find a picture explaining to me the integration possibilities between Outlook, Planner, Hub and Project
        Would love to have information in the new Office365 world on the integration possibilities between the different apps

• Joselito Libres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Connecting Planner and Sharepoint and other common tools from Office 365 would be a great help. Looking forward for quick integration of the tools.

Is it possible to link “tasks” assigned in the Planner, with a Task Tracking List in the Group site?
        Is there a way to have the tasks assigned in the Kan-ban board linked to the overall task tracking list on the Site page?

• ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It must have integration, all teams ANYWHERE are doing something that revovles around a contact or a customer....yet there is no way to link the team, channel, or anything really with THE ONLY PRODUCT msoft has for contact management, email, etc.

Between this and the simple fact I cannot use an iphone to do literally anything at all in teams except chat. Zero ability to upload job site photos or do anything from the field. You must be at a desk, you must be working on files or random typing that in no way involves needing to update information about an actual end user customer. If you spend your day chatting and clicking on stuff in an office THIS IS GREAT

• Martinus Hamers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate fully means for me that I have all the view options of the normal planner within the Teams planner web part tab. Like switching between the progress, assigned to and bucket layout. Also being able to go to the dashboard and my tasks easily(this could be buttons that open Planner app accordingly).

A dashboard webpart 'My Planner tasks' would be a nice first step to have a userfriendly welcome page to a SharePoint collaboration site.

• Mirren Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please I work across multiple projects which each have a SharePoint Site and would like to be able to roll-up all the tasks into one central view. Our IT Dept has suggested we use Planner (which I like) but it is another place that needs to be set up and managed. I understand we can use iplanner pro outlook add-in to integrate with Outlook but would prefer to see everything in SharePoint. We would require syncing both ways - changes in SharePoint reflected in Planner and vice versa. Thank you!

Yay, I am so glad people are asking for Planner//SharePoint to be integrated.

This would be really useful! I would like to see my Planner tasks on the SharePoint Calendars please. We have different departments which need to finish a task before the next department can continue, and if I can see on the calendar where the one ends to start the other it would be really really useful.

Also, I am unable to add my planner app to my team site? I did see a tutorial where this was done, but I am not being given the option when adding an app on my site? Please can someone assist me in doing this?

Thanks so much

• Joe C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The biggest problem I've run into using Planner within Teams is that you notify the ENTIRE Team about comments made to tasks within the board. If you have different projects as different channels and only care about a given Channel it gets quite tiresome and spammy to continuously receive emails about other Planner board. This needs to get fixed to only notifying the users assigned to task and comment originator. This again is another use case for having different membership groups by Channel.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base