How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Developer API to read/create teams and channels in them.

Slack has dev api to list teams/channels and perform bunch of management operations. It would be great if there's something similar available in Microsoft Teams as well.

576 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Atul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

89 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Khurram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are anxiously awaiting for this capability as we have a very compelling use case for it.

• Shane Fender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, it looks like the October 2018 time-frame was not accurate. Has there been any progress since last fall?

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry guys, spelling mistake month-ish should be actually yearl-ish :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys, any update on when this will be ready, currently the only tools we have to create teams is in PowerShell.

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the team API change from beta status to an actual release?
        MS writes the following about the beta API

"Important: APIs under the /beta version in Microsoft Graph are in preview and are subject to change. Use of these APIs in production applications is not supported.", and I need the developmnt section to use this API in a production application.

• scott byrge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"his is ALMOST done! We’re working through some final kinks and plan to have this to you next month-ish. :-)"

Seriously? Any update on the date?

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "WORKING ON IT" message that indicated the functionality would be ready in about a month was posted over 7 months ago. The many requests for an update have gone unanswered. Come on MS/Suphatra, step up your game!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

create channels is not supported for application level till date, when this permission will be available for the application level ?

• Seb Herrmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this API going to be completed? Particularly interested in the Channel and chat thread and chat message READ capability. I want to be able to pull chats threads / messages from a channel vie the API and show these threads in other services such as on our sharepoint site - esp as channels can be 'news' related. Any update on this graph API?

• ray zwiefelhofer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love teams! my dev team is really excited about getting these API's to start embedding them in our product. Waiting patiently...

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base