How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to provision existing Office 365 groups to Teams through Admin center or PowerShell.

When trying to create a team, an Owner of a 365 Group can be prompted to add Teams to that Group, but only once. After adding the first group they own, they are not prompted again. There is also no way to manually provision this service to existing Groups in the Admin center.

107 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Osborne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

I expect lots of hi-fives via Twitter for fighting for this one. Coming soon, folks.

Suphatra

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ana H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for a high school district, we have to lock down who can create groups to a handful of users. Adding Teams functionality to a group manually is not really an option because we have 830 existing groups. Having a way to do this through powershell would be super helpful.

• Roman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suphatra, we are still waiting for that possibility) Especially for PowerShell...

• Diane Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Powershell would allow us to automate Teams when provisioning an Office 365 Group. However, there are a few obsticles.

1. There is a limitation of 250 Teams which can be created by a single account.

O365 Group Deletion:
        1. A Microsoft Team created over an O365 Group remains in the active Teams. I'm still able to post conversations.
        3. Files that were shared with the group cannot be found. An error occur on the Files link is displayed "We can't get your files. We're working on getting them back."

Feedback and Knowledge Base