How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

2,257 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

453 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome news! Can't wait for this to launch. Any details you can share on timeline? It is missing from the Office 365 roadmap site...

• Luis Martino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent news!!! That is the right move! Adoption is now a slam dunk for lots of people knowing Skype (consumer) federation will be integrated into Teams!!

• Chris Wylie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant believe this hasnt been addressed yet, its really going to hold back our planned migration to Teams. we have a number of external contacts using regular skype and if users cannot contact them via teams then they will not want to switch.

• James Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had been told by a few sources that SfB would still work after migration for messaging consumer Skype users. But today our coversion happened and SfB is not non functional! What are we supposed to do?!

• Hesham Alaa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature so much. Actually I don't understand why it's not there from the beginning it was implemented already in Skype for Business.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company won't allow me to fully implement Teams in my organization because all of our outside customers use free Skype.

• Paulo Serol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot move our company into Teams without this feature, most of the users contacts (customers/suppliers) are skype contacts.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will be pivotal for my team's buy in! We need to be able to import our contacts from Personal Skype to Teams so we can seamlessly chat with both internal and external contacts within the new Teams platform!

• Paul Malone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is the peredect way to integrate small business with large corporation, it will equal the feel we play at. It will change the game.

Feedback and Knowledge Base