How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

2,235 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

448 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely ridiculous that we were forced to upgrade from SfB to Teams without this feature working.

Can we please get an update on timeline for this. It is a bit beyond me why Clients are being automatically migrated from SfB to Teams when Teams does not include all features that SfB has..

• Kevin Barrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have a scope of the integration plans yet? will it include video and desktop sharing? Also will it include skype business integration for the larger companies who opt not to move to Teams? it would be very bad to force small and medium companies to migrate and in the process no longer allow them to communicate with their customers and vendors who happen to be large corporate customers who are still running SKYPE for Business.

• Irene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, thats definitely a very good idea and we hope that it will be implemented very soon!

• Padraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news that it's officially being planned. When is it going to be implemented is the real question now.

• John Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news that this is officially planned, can we have that on the roadmap and details of when to expect this as for us we will be starting to move more to teams but cannot flick the switch for probably 50% of the company as we are using the Skype to SfB integration that this will resolve.

Is there any timeline for this integration since it is now officially planned..?

• Philippe C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

confusing sentence, sorry, maybe my english is not good enough. Does is mean:
    1- No longer under review and no longer planned to happen ?
    2- No longer under review, and now officially planned to become a reality?

WOW! It's official. Microsoft has decided to support Microsoft. Who would have thunk it. Im not so sure that you should be making such a rash decision. Are you sure you dont want to reviefw it a little longer, say 3-5 years?

• Dan M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome news! Can't wait for this to launch. Any details you can share on timeline? It is missing from the Office 365 roadmap site...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base