How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

765 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dmitry Sumaneev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team communicates with different clients, most of them use Skype. As a result a major part of our team is resistant to migrate to Teams. Please put this feature back under consideration.

• Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame. Please reconsider this decision, most of my "technologically advanced" customers uses a free skype account (and I'm not the only one in this situation); without the possibility to contact them, MS Teams is like a sort of bloatware!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To move to Teams and remove S4B this feature is mandatory.

Or maybe the Skype (consumer) will also be discontinued????

• Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame. Please reconsider this decision, most of my "technologically advanced" customers uses a free skype account (and I'm not the only one in this situation); without the possibility to contact them, MS Teams is like a sort of bloatware!

• Nima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature we cannot use Teams. Because most of our communication is with external (private) skype users.

• Jacob Waeduemasor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also very interested in the arguments for declining this. Can't think of any good ones so please enlighten us!

What are the arguments to decline this future request? Please post it on your roadmap for 2019 again!

• me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a joke. How can you replace Skype for business which can communicate with both with a platform that doesn't? How are my users supposed to communicate with clients who use Skype? They're supposed to use their personal Skype accounts? Makes no sense.

As a school and administrator of public projects, we need to communicate with different partners, both businesses and individuals every day. Not every one of our partners wants to use Office365, Teams or Skype for Business. Without a way to communicate out of teams with public Skype users, Our employees must use their private Skype account for communication and teams will not be used in this area. What a bad planning of the developers. I think I'll have to undo the migration to teams, if this is possible, as employee complaints pile up.

Forcing corporate Teams users to chat in two parallel worlds is surely not what Microsoft had in mind when launching Teams as the new collaboration platform. There are connectors for all kinds of third-party applications. Why not add the integration of the Microsoft-owned product Skype?!?

• Charles Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's hard enough to get users to use Teams as it is - Slack has a very firm hold. But no connectivity to Skype when they had it before? That makes the task impossible!

• Joe Kunkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cancelling Skype for business without allowing Microsoft Teams to communicate with public Skype would be a huge mistake. I would love to be a fly on the wall during those meeting discussions about Teams. "Say John, do you think we should let Teams chat with public Skype users?" John: "Nah, no one will need that. I've done zero market research but that seems dumb." No John, you're dumb.

• Kapil Pershad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

721 votes to far. Lets say that is 5% of the actual user base that needs this feature and will not migrate to teams without it. That's 103,968 teams. Lets say each team has 3 skype users. That is now 311,904 MS Office accounts. Multiply that by the average license cost and you have a million dollar mistake.

this is a vital function of S4B/Teams to Standard Skyper users - please reinstate

We used Skype for Business to stay in contact with our customers using regular Skype. So this is gone now and with this our Surface Hub is now unusable... We really need to have this feature included in Teams, so that we can communicate with regular Skype users!

There are multiple user case scenarios for this requirement, it is simply fundamental to the ubiquitous success of Teams. Not having the capability within Microsoft own ecosystem is flawed. Skype is the worlds only true international UC network and with China recently blocking Skype as it was progressing into a social network product; it forces those international IP address to IP address communications between suppliers distributing product from China to use Wechat and similar networks. Microsoft have previously removed Skype WiFi and the open standard third party integration into phones. TVs etc. Don't hand over the requirement gap when you have the perfect solution in your grasp... (example: China blocks Skype downloads in China, Office365 adoption is low in China. Solve the issue with Chinese companies subscribing to O365 to continue Skype for convenient international business communication, grow a market, dont throw it away). the UC market is worth $7bn per year in this specific market

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature we will keep using skype ... and primary GoToMeeting.
        changing from skype to teams has to be cancelled.

It is extremely inconvenient that we can't have this feature embedded in Teams. Now I need to have Teams and public Skype running as not all my clients use Skype for business or Teams...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base