How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

2,460 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

483 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

planned for when? We also have the issue of HR needing to perform interviews with users on consumer Skype

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us know when this is planned for. We're trying to get users on board with Teams but are really limping along here.

• RL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are dragging their heels on this, very suprising ......But do they not just want ALL non enterprise users now to switch Teams (Free)!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Conducting remote interviews is now a nightmare because our organisation transitioned to MS Teams.

• froilan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the lone issue I am holding back to get into Teams. C'mon Microsoft, another step forward but 2 steps backward approach? We need to communicate with Skype users using Teams.

• João da Câmara Borges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organisation will not migrate from S4B onto Teams until this is working. We have disabled Teams on the O365 tenant so as not to create confusion. All our customers and 90% of our suppliers and partners use Skype Consumer and we cannot cut off communication with them.

• Boris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is too bad because I do agree- if you want it to replace a tool, you need it to do what the other tool did, unless MS is planning on just killing old Public Skype? It does often seem that MS comes up with a great tool... and develops it to 95% and then stops, and that last 5% is usually the part that won't allows us admins to actually fully embrace a tool. An example of this is MS Team and calendar- Team was launched without a shared calendar as a team tab- really? what kind of team doesn't have a group calendar- and they don't always want to open Outlook to see it... So close and yet, still fundamental parts that make it work perfect alludes us for months and months.

• Michael Knox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had a very hard time with Skype4B and this. I ended up being escalated to level 3 Skype consumer support in India to fix the problem after months of back and forth between Office 365 support and Skype support (Different departments/they don't talk to one another just to make things easy).

Please make it work properly when it is implemented.

• VFX Pro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google's philosophy is to eliminate or minimize the barrier between consumer and business since technically, it's the same humans behind those domains, which helped their Gmail and G suite get into the corporate world and eat Microsoft's lunch. Please make it easier to open up O365 and Teams to the larger consumer world to have a single unified experience.

"Integration with Skype Consumer is no longer under review, and officially planned."

Finally :)

• cellule informatique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

êtes-vous en mesure, de nous dire quand Skype sera intégré, afin que l'on puisse informé nos administrés. Car en attendant, il ne peuvent plus travailler avec cette population. Merci d'avance

Trying to use Chat in Microsoft Teams and responses are coming as emails, not chat responses. What configuration now needs to be changed to get this feature back on track with how Skype for business use to function?

Microsoft need to really understand the customer need as regards to teams and Skype integration. that feature need to be back as they way is was on using Skype for Business.

• xx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes of course this should be in here. Dont understand the amount of air in the brains of microsoft developers to invent a phone that can only call phones of the company. skype and skype for business were already a major confusing apps and to solve that they added a third silly app that does not integrate with their other two apps. I would understand this from a one or few developers team. not from a billion company. they certainly want to get rid of their users

• Andrew HUSSEY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All business interaction layers down to the final retail connection. Those people are more likely to be using Skype and so this chat system stops just before it reaches the people that drive everything.

Looking forward to this being available again so I don't need multiple applications and the ability to juggle just to communicate with our end users and small contractors (and my family) that pay for or use the free version of Skype.

• L Min commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! Why should paying customers be shunned from free/public versions of the app

• Alexis Espinosa. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sería bueno integrar Skype público y Skype for Business en Teams. Actualmente puedo chatear con usuarios de Teams en mi mi organización, pero cuando trabajo con clientes y proveedores externos todavía tengo que volver a Skype. Si pudiera simplemente simplemente chatear y llamar con usuarios de Skype, eso me permitiría usar Teams como mi única plataforma de comunicación.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.