How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

2,004 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

397 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gary Herbstman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature. It is currently frustrating and confusing to our users to have to use two different apps for communications.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop deploying poorly developed and poorly tested software to end users. You are doing so many things right at Microsoft but you have been forcing us to use software that is not completely developed and is not completely tested. This confuses and frustrates end users who don't have the time or money to waste on such things. Please refer to Ticket #:14460763 for more details.

• IT Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organisation need an interoperability between skpye consumer product and ms teams.
    We a have a lot of communication with chines merchandisers. They will not switch to ms teams. The y are used to use skype (consumer). It's very important to create a contact import feature, to migrate skype consumer contacts to ms teams!

any news yet? We would like to migrate to MS-Teams too, but we want to eliminate normal Skype and Skype for Business in this process.

Many thanks

• D. Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this a feature. Forcing customers on new software that does not match the feature set of earlier generations is not acceptable.

• ALESSANDRO KORNOWSKI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So.... We are almost at end of may and no updates? Worst than the decision of take consumer off teams support is procrastinate response to customers and partners that are in a bad situation with our customers. So some update?

• Terry T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of integration with Skype consumer continues to block our company adoption....after YEARS of it not working properly with SfB (can't do multiple Skype Consumer video conference, for example). This is beyond disheartening.

• Luis Martino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One big reason for adding this implementation is to KEEP your userbase IN TEAMS. People are leaving for Skype (Consumer) or worse for you, your competitors like Zoom.us, Appear.in and other video conferencing tools. Companies will continue using Slack if they have to switch between two or three softwares anyway. You guys alone have the power to do a tool that companies will want to use and adhere to and STICK to. It may sound dumb to add this functionality but it is one of the top things to add. I promise your number of users will grow exponentially once this feature is added!

• Jason Chang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are trying to get rid of the consumer version of Skype from our corporate systems but this stops us from doing it. We had a plan in place to move users' contacts to S4B in the next few months. We were just given a directive to start migrating to Teams and I'm disappointed to learn that we will no longer be able to get rid of Skype because you guys haven't worked on the interop over the last few years.

I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from Microsoft. Always removing features when forcing us to move to different products...

• vikash yadav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

This feature needs to be considered PRONTO!, there are many companies that communicates with their clients via Regular Skype and Skype for business. This feature needs to be added to TEAMS otherwise we will have to consider other options away from MS, Including O365, you are opening the doors for the competition with a simple feature that is currently available on the service you are trying to replace, not cool. Please MS add this option to Teams.

• Scott Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was honestly quite surprised to find that this feature had been removed in the switchover from S4B to MS Teams, it's such an obvious selling point for a UC solution that I'd actually expected it to be expanded on, not removed. I suspect there might be concerns that this would disincentivise organisations from purchasing MS Teams licensing, when they could just use free consumer Skype accounts instead, but certainly from our own perspective, it would probably drive further uptake of Teams, which is already feature-rich enough (and still growing in capabilities) to justify itself without the need to further differentiate it from Skype.

• a commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just migrated to Office 365 and are really disappointed this isn't possible. Even if we have to add the external Skype user as a contact in the tenant, some way to enable calling an existing Skype consumer user needs to be possible.

At the moment we have to direct the person to download the free version of Teams in order to hack together a meeting. Their usual response, as you'd expect, is 'why should I?'

Frankly, we're paying for the latest MS product and don't expect to be made to look bad due to missing features like this.

My company generally do interviews through skype using skype for business to contact the candidate on his skype account (non business) and this was perfect. Why would you upgrade our office365 account and force it to use Teams (which i can not disable the option on the addins in the teams admin center because its grayed out (how stupid is that)) and dont provide at least the same functionality that skype for business had? I mean, we don't mind change to teams as it looks good tbh, but not giving the same functionality as skype for business had and not letting us use skype independently from Teams it only makes sense that teams needs to have AT LEAST the same functionality that skype for business had. I really dont know who works in microsoft and comes up with such ****** ideas. use your brains and focus in all possibilities before get your own ideas into production because we users/companies are paying for a service that you guys keep destroying because you only implement your ideas and don't think about the bigger picture: YOUR CUSTOMER NEEDS.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base