How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

More status options, custom status, and Out of Office

MORE STATUS
I like the status options in S4B, and so does my boss. It will be important to my boss before accepting the use of MS Teams widely to have a broader range of statuses. Missing statuses are:
* In a meeting
* In a conference call
* In a call
* Presenting
* Be right back
* Off Work

Particularly of importance are "Be right back" and "off work". "Do not disturb" is probably sufficient for "in a meeting", "in a call" and "presenting". But, it sure is nice that S4B auto-detects those three statuses (for the most part).

CUSTOM STATUS
Would like to create a custom status option, such as an out-of-office message.

1,333 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a high need item for our business. Custom status is a critical need. I need to be able to for instance let customers and colleagues know "Away - Back at 2pm".

• Duane Collings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi There - Any movement on this?
        This is a much needed feature for companies who use Telecommuting.

thx

How do I communicate that I am working from a different office, potentially in another timezone if I am unable to set a custom status? And customers were asking for this almost two years ago! It's only been two weeks and I miss Slack already...

• Natan Glaich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this is unavailable so long after the product's release ?!? Out of Office, Locations (Working from home, Office, on the road, etc), Be right back, etc have all become essential presence statuses.

Please try to escalate the priority of this feature.

• etcetera16 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of a custom status is just antiquated! When I or my fellow Solution Architects are on a cut-over/implementation, we need the ability to place that status on our IM platform. I'm not DND for my direct employees or anyone who has an emergency, but for others that just have a random question, they can move on to another Architect who isn't busy on a cut. The general "busy" status doesn't work b/c it goes on when I'm in a meeting and I'm open to most all IM questions if I'm just in a meeting. This is only one of my MS teams complaints (no configurable audible notification is another biggie). MS - Stop dictating to us how we're allowed to use your tools and listen to us saying what we need the tool to do. This isn't rocket science here.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Being able to set a custom message, like when I am working from home, is vital.

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, Microsoft has been busy advertising that Teams has reached feature parity with Skype but I disagree... This is definitely one that is missing and quite an important one! We use the status to show when staff are out of office or on a different site for Health and Safety reasons, can't see why this hasn't been released yet! Even a free text status option would do the trick...

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big step backward losing this functionality. It is a core use case and already causing me added time. Please consider bumping this up in priority.

Does the Teams Team publish release lists when items are close to deployment I.e. deployment data set?

I can see more statuses have been added on the app but they don't suit us, or anyone who has flex work practices, or who work in an office - ie client meeting, on-site visit, travelling etc. Why hasn't this just been implemented as a free text field?

We need a "Home work" Status. Maybe a comment to a Status + enhancing the automatic status would be flexible enough for all.

comment (free field): Home work, in Singapur, cutomer visit, … whatever

like in Office Communicator …

When is the feature planned?

• Marlene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come this request went from being worked on to now being in back in the backlog. This feature is very important in order for this tool to be useful.

• Audra McKay-Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just made the switch to teams. We either need custom statuses or the addition of the following two statuses:

- Presenting
        - Telecommuting

• Diane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't "Presenting", which is an automatic Skype status, available for selection? When I am presenting on a call with people outside my organization who cannot see our Skype due to firewall/security, I want to pick Presenting from the list instead of the alternative Do Not Disturb, which people interpret as "Leave me alone and I'm not telling you why".

• Dan Kellett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything short of allowing tenant admins to insert custom statuses tenant wide is not going to be an acceptable solution for us.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base