How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

More status options, custom status, and Out of Office

MORE STATUS
I like the status options in S4B, and so does my boss. It will be important to my boss before accepting the use of MS Teams widely to have a broader range of statuses. Missing statuses are:
* In a meeting
* In a conference call
* In a call
* Presenting
* Be right back
* Off Work

Particularly of importance are "Be right back" and "off work". "Do not disturb" is probably sufficient for "in a meeting", "in a call" and "presenting". But, it sure is nice that S4B auto-detects those three statuses (for the most part).

CUSTOM STATUS
Would like to create a custom status option, such as an out-of-office message.

1,644 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

151 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SegTrain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I presented an introduction to MS Teams to my organization recently and there was a great deal of input around this request. Coming from a Cisco Jabber environment for chat, folks found this feature very useful and informative.

• Dave G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 17,000 + users and more than half will not move to Teams until the ability to set a custom status message is made available. It is part of business processes globally.
        This is a bigger show stopper then it would appear. I hope MSFT understands small things like this have a large impact on adoption....

• Kurt Sutula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't sort contacts in groups

You can't write a status message. I used to be able to let people know where I was at on Skype now that's gone

You can't go back to Skype if there is a feature that you rely on.

My External Contacts are now gone as well and I cannot find them when I search for them to even invite them.

• Marty Erickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see status options available in teams. Three cheers for the status updates mentioned above!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! Unsolicited feedback from one of my real users: "• Status updates – ie: “at lunch be back at noon, or at the DR, back in an hour.” This was a great way to communicate with my team on where I was and when I would be back without giving everyone access to my calendar."

• Stephen Edmonson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organization employs 50,000 people and we just transitioned to Teams. This is undoubtedly a missing piece we had grown accustomed to in other services. Please close the gap! If I can be a part of beta testing for a rollout, I will GLADLY participate. This is a useful AND fun part of communicating. Everything else about teams seems to be incredible, so adding this feature would put the tool over the top!

Thanks

And there we were thinking that we were being dim not being able to find how to do it! Basic functionality.

Lotus Sametime chat (80s') had the option for custom status messages. Please add it ASAP

• Berney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is coming up as an advantage of other collaboration platforms when compared to Teams. Also if you want to advertise Teams has all of Skype's capabilities, this should added to Teams.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just echoing the need for custom status messages in Teams. It's almost 2019. Crazy how this isn't a feature already.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to the presence status messages, S4B allows a status message which is a key for our remote office users. Without it, we can't transition to Teams as a S4B replacement.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still could really use having custom status options available in Teams similar to s4b. Working remotely and from other offices right now is really tough to communicate only within the 365 communications tools as a status for team members.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need to have the custom statuses. Can some one Please look into an update on this?

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams seems to sync up with Outlook "Out of office" which is great. The timing sometimes takes a while though.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base