How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

More status options, custom status, and Out of Office

MORE STATUS
I like the status options in S4B, and so does my boss. It will be important to my boss before accepting the use of MS Teams widely to have a broader range of statuses. Missing statuses are:
* In a meeting
* In a conference call
* In a call
* Presenting
* Be right back
* Off Work

Particularly of importance are "Be right back" and "off work". "Do not disturb" is probably sufficient for "in a meeting", "in a call" and "presenting". But, it sure is nice that S4B auto-detects those three statuses (for the most part).

CUSTOM STATUS
Would like to create a custom status option, such as an out-of-office message.

2,375 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

204 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ting Ting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love an Available - Remote or Available - Out of Office status for days when working remotely.

• Rahul Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

Could you please update the progress on this request. Everyone is expecting an update from you as we are started using MS Teams.

We really need the below status to be added ASAP as the other S4B presence status are added already.

* Off Work
    * In a meeting

Thank you!
    Rahul Kumar

• Gail Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could an Available-Remote status be available with a specific icon so team mates would know that your are working remotely ?

• Matthew Frahm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Simon Hunter, this is what I'm seeing as well. Does iOS have status messages? I like the status message capability in desktop, but for it to be truly useful, we also need it on mobile.

• Martijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the ability to not receive incoming calls, when status is set to Out of Office, based on calendar events. Integration with Outlook needs, major, attention in my opinion.

• Dan Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Away status is not reliably detecting when someone is away. We also can't find an option to configure the amount of time before switching to away, in the way that you could be S4B.

• Charles Bitter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copy what Slack has done for Status. It's easy and makes sense. (custom, with some canned statuses that the admin can set, and it supports emojis (built in and custom emojis) Then have the status next to your name in chat. ie. Charles (small sub script, stuats)

• Hany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if this should be a new suggestion. The status should actually affect how the Teams client works. Especially with Call Queues. Currently, if I am presenting, I still get calls to my client; which has long been in SfB.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A vote for a working from home/offsite status as i am available online/call but not physically. Outlook has 'working elsewhere' which could be communicated as for this purpose if available in Teams.

• Liana R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love it to remember my custom status - I work remotely two days and provide a cell number, then I'm back in the office - but I have to keep resetting my 'custom' status every day to indicate which location/how to get hold of me.

Jabber used to 'see' my location when I was at my remote work location and I could have a custom message to say I was remote that it remembered and set for me when I was there. When I came back in to the office, it would automatically turn off that status.

• Absoblogginlutely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like this is getting there - you can now see the status message of someone by hovering over their account picture in chat or in the contact list.
    However, I can't find any documentation on how to set this via the api
    Anyone know how to do this?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.