How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

739 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nate Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

89 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • paul powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality. It makes a lot of sense because it allows you to have access to all aspects of a project within one application and location.

• HW2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We like using Planner as a KanBan Board, but we also need access to Project and Project Online services. Without these, we are back to using two tools, and it limits the efficiency of our project teams. Planner is only sufficient for simple projects - and doesn't have the capabilities needed for resource planning, booking, etc, that we require from Project and Project Online.

• JL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That said, you need to streamline Project (look at Merlin for Mac) and even then some, make it lighter icon wise.)

• Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes no sense to have to pay extra for Smartsheets, when as an enterprise we already have and use MS Project. Being able to add Project as a tab to a channel would be highly beneficial.

• Natã Melo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's so frustrating to have Smartsheets integration tab (project online rival) and project not avaliable for use in microsoft teams.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this over on the Project Online Uservoice site: https://microsoftproject.uservoice.com/forums/218133-microsoft-project/suggestions/17212538-user-office-365-groups-with-project-sites

This seems so obvious to me and is the perfect use case for Teams. If I have a project team, it'll likely be using Project Online and be interested in using Teams. Sure, I can create a new Office 365 Group to use with Teams, but now should my team be using the SharePoint site tied to the Project Site or to the Office 365 Group site?

• Albert-Jan Peereboom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At work we us Project Online for registering projects, tasks and assigning resources. It would be very nice when a Team is created (through Microsoft Teams), that it is possible to either create a Team Collaboration Site (= default) or connect to the Project Site (that was created earlier). Now, collaboration is sometimes straining for information about the project is found at the project site, including detailed information like Information Analysis documents, Technical documents, etc. The team collaboration site also contains information, but sharing between the two sites is not easy.
    Its understandable that the two sites are totally different, but maybe it is possible to share the standard "Shared Documents" library (available in both sites).

• David Lockie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Project Online extensively, and would like to link a Team Channel to a Project Online Project, and therefore use the Document Library and OneNote workbook from the Project Site rather than the team site.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.