How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

739 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nate Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

89 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is required, period. Not sure how you can convince people to use teams but it lacks integration with MS project.

• Nick Scalone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This post is almost two years old. I really like teams and I've convinced our company to migrate all communication and collaboration to it. But not having the ability to connect Projects to teams is a real drag. Other PM software does have this ability, so we're now considering switching to other open source software. Please let us know Warren, I'm still routing for MS

• Adam Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're using Teams as the place that global workers can go and grab their next task. Project integration would allow them to see their task's impact on the workflow. And earn Microsoft $7 per user per month.

• KathyS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner does not give you the same functionality as does Microsoft Project. I do not understand why part of the MS Office Suite would be left out of Teams. Project is part of many users daily work and makes it virtually impossible to share schedules and work with teams on delivering. I would urge the team to incorporate MS Project into Teams as soon as possible.

• Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with posts below. We use MS Teams as a true collaboration tool for projects and key initiatives. Not having the MS Project integrate with MS Teams is a huge shortcoming and really forces us to use other tools (outside of MS) BOX to manage/collaborate on projects

• Brian McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be an incredible value add, It's disappointing that I cannot integrate arguably the most important aspect of my project to my project collaboration tool.

• Aaron Buckley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important. I would love to be able to integrate Project 2016 or, at the VERY least, make the Teams app aware enough to open a .mpp in a locally installed Project 2016 like it can with other Office files.

Our company has begun using MS Teams at the enterprise level, and we can see value in integrating Project Online to Teams and using the tool as the "Home" for each project, allowing our PM's to centralize all project artifacts and communications. Without this integration, there is little value in Teams to the project, just increasing the number of tools we must manage.

this is critical want to use teams but now looking at alternatives as I can get my plan visible in the team room.

• Peter Double commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Teams is the future of collaboration for O365... How can that be so without integration of MS Project? Let's get this done already. Planner is not cutting it.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to access Project through Teams without having to download the file, still can't believe its not functional. No-one wants a locally stored file for all the obvious reasons. Making it work the same as other MS products would be a start. Then we can get into next steps. Integration for Microsoft Project - Still under review, what is there to review... ? Live date is under review, shurely.

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A team or more is a key to a project. A project can only be done with the team(s). Therefore Microsoft Project must be able to link to Microsoft Teams. The whole development process should be able to be done by a company such as Microsoft and it’s valuable engineers and devs. At the end of the day your users will be more productive and using more of your products. Thank you

Really need this capability. Using Planner is ok for smaller projects but it seems crazy that a Microsoft product is not compatible.

Same issue. Can't open mpp files on Teams. Always have to download it, edit it and re-upload. Kind of defeats the purpose of Teams.

• Mark Staloch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same issue, we want multiple people with Project to be able to directly open from Teams, not save to desktop.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.