How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

743 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nate Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

89 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to use MS Teams, but we also use MS project and would LOVE to have it integrate. Microsoft, please move this up on priority!

• Jill Aspin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were using another software that integrated naturally with MS teams. We are being switched over to MS project online and it doesn't integrate, this seems like a massive over site for Microsoft please move this up on priority!

• Brian Buchmeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Teams has tons of integrations with other Project Management Software, you think this would be a natural fit.

Why make a siloed solution? People don't want lots of one off solutions that don't connect and speak to each other, they want everything integrated!

Please update on this!

Hi Warren, September was a while ago. Has the 'team' come back with a decision and a timeframe?

I'm hoping they can spin this up really, really quickly! I sort of sold Teams as the answer thinking that 'Project' would definitely work with Teams only to find out it doesn't!

More fool me!

Please get this working

• Andrew Barber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've been using teams at our organisation for 3 weeks and we are already finding that Project would be very useful

Please Please Please - I need a way to continue using teams and allowing our leaders to view the Microsoft plan.

what is the update on basic viewing for .mpp files ? do you have a suggested work around until this feature is enabled? writing guidance for a large PMO so would appreciate any updates and/or work arounds.

• Jason the impatient one commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How was this not one of **the first** MS assets integrated with teams? An AI chat bot? Yeah, we can do that. Allowing your project team to see the overall project plan in MS teams, no, we can't do that. In fact, we're not even working on it. But hey, we have a chat bot, that makes us hip and cool. Stunned at the lack of a practical vision for this tool.

Hoping this issue gets resolved soon - it would be extremely useful. Is there an ETA?

a microsoft product, teams, that doesn't integrate with another microsoft product, Project, that is a shame. I seem to recall that sharepoint, which seems to be in the background of Teams, needed an addin to use Project, so perhaps this is the same situation? When will Project be supported in Teams ?

• Raf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of adding more and more questionable quality 3rd party apps to the store you should really nail the Microsoft ecosystem interoperability such as this MS Project integration.

This would be very helpful. For now I will publish the project to project online and share through the team but a direct integration would be great.

Disappointed this is not a feature. How can I manage a project on Teams without this?! Planner is extremely limited.

Incredibly frustrating given synergies between project and teams that this integration is not already available.

• Leandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please we need this feature, is fundamental to our team colaboration , will be truly apreciated

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.