How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

733 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nate Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason Fare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd just like to see the Shared documents automatically link to a Files tab and that project online sites are automatically teams enabled like they are for Sharepoint.

• Kelly McVey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be super helpful if an MPP file (MS Project 2013) could be available in preview in MS Teams. Being able to checkout the document, make changes in the desktop app, and then saving it back would be awesome.

Right now I have to download the file to my computer, make the changes locally, and then upload the file to MS Teams. I may forget to save my changes back to the Teams site and having the integration work like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for example would be very helpful.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Deborah Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Project needs to be integrated with Teams. That's what teams are doing...working on projects.

• Simon Edström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been on the table for quite some time. "Nate Ellis shared this idea in November 4th 2016".

We really want to use Teams as our main hub for all IT-related activities. I'm amazed that MS project standard and professional aren't already available as a tab in Teams! Only Planner is available but it's not sufficient for our needs. At least a light version of MS Project, with basic functionality, should be available. Why is this taking so long? You must have been reviewing this since day one after launching Teams.

Until you have something in place, please publish a step-by-step instruction on a temporary solution so project members at least gets a clear overview of the activities and gannt chart.

If you are serious about Teams I suggest you prioritize this.

• John Nunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something as simple as being able to open the file in Project directly from teams and save back to teams, without having to download and re-upload would be a huge benefit :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see integration of MS Teams into Project Online and Project Server to the same level as MS Exchange/Outlook.

• Oscar Calaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In fact adding a "synced list" (saving as... list in sharepoint from project) as a webpage tab in teams seems almost a valid solution. There's this "focus in content" which hides the sharepoint header and left navigation and gives a "nice view" for your project task (with list, calendar and gantt views available)

• Oscar Calaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like you can create a synced sharepoint list from project, the problem is when you try to add this list as a tab in teams. The "wizard" only finds "New lists" but not this particular list created from project.

Maybe just fixing this "wizard" in order to populate all the available list in sharepoints would be enough in order to see the "project list" in teams as it's expected.

The only workaround we found is to add a new webpage tab in teams pointing to the project list in our sharepoint. The problem is that we're seeing also the sharepoint header and menus, this is not showing when you add a regular list

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need real-time sync between Planner and Project. If the team updates Planner, it should be reflected in Project.

• MP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting as I have a colleague who can currently edit Projects through Team and SharePoint but I don't have the capability. It's available.

• Laurie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very interested in this capability. I have been doing project/program/portfolio management for over 20 years. For complex projects/programs, nothing beats MS Project.

• John Eric Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It might be a good Microsoft Enterprise practice to design in integration of all Microsoft Products within Microsoft Apps out of the box rather than making user ask and wait for them. It make me crazy to know that this is not the standard

• Stuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, would be really useful having an MS Project integration with Teams.

Hopefully this would allow Teams to be populated from MS Project, and MS Project to be updated/sync'd in reverse from Teams, e.g. progress/completion.

• Egan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still interested in this, please let us know if there's any updates. Thanks!

As a minimum the option to open it in a view mode within or outside the TEAMS screen.
    Next minimum open the native program. User should have it installed in this case.

We want to use MS Teams, but we also use MS project and would LOVE to have it integrate. Microsoft, please move this up on priority!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.