How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

While in a call, add another person to the call

While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button.

402 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Comments are closed
  • Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can add additional participants if I'm in a call with at least 3 people (myself and two others), but I can't add additional participants if I'm in a 1:1 call (myself and 1 other.)

Bad user experience with the inconsistency.

• Jlea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this something that will be implemented soon? Too many times we have to close a call just to create a new one with additional people.

• Robin “Xergxes7” Pretorius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There may be a challenge with this considering group calling is limited to specific licenses/clients where as direct calling is not. They would need to only expose this ability to those that can start group calls.

• Simon Heywood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

used to be able to add a participant to a call ad-hoc in older versions of Skype. would be really useful to bring back this feature.

Skype version 8.10.0.4
    Calling version 2017.22.01.51 on Mac

• Crystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can do this on windows, but my friend is having a terrible time on her mac. Though, I have the plus sign button on a previous version7.52 on my mac. Advice... DON'T UPGRADE lol

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very common to invite another person to an existing call. It is not user friendly that you need to close the current call and start a new group call. It is very annoying.
    If you are in a group call you can invite more people. Please make this feature available in a private call as well.

In MS Calendar you can create a Teams meeting with multiple users on the call. It is silly that you cannot do this ad-hoc, since it seems that functionality is already in place.....Either implement with a "+" or allow me to "Join" two calls when one is on hold.

Completely agree. Love Microsoft Teams but when doing a call and you need to bring another person in, you absolutely must have this

• Wayne R. Wise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you direct call someone you can't switch to conference mode. To get a conference call the only way is to hang up and make the call from a group chat with both people. You should be able to easily add the other person from the direct call.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base