How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fix Webhook API

Post cards using https://dev.outlook.com/Connectors/GetStarted or https://dev.outlook.com/Connectors/Reference as reference don't give the expecting results.

On Android:
- "text" value isn't shown...

On Windows 10, Android, Mac and iPhone:
- "title" isn't format properly
- "themeColor" isn't rendered
- "potentialAction" aren't render like a button
- "section" seems to work

It could be very nice if the Webhooks is fully working and give the same result on every plateform.

86 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bug reported Nov 4, 2016 and still not a word from MS over 2 years later.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add on top of my comment, this is the JSON we are trying to use:

{"@type": "MessageCard","@context": "http://schema.org/extensions","summary": "theSummary","themeColor": "0078D7","sections": [{"activityImage": "","activityTitle": "theTITLE","activitySubtitle": "theSUBTITLE"},{"facts":[{"name":"theNAME1:","value":"theVALUE"},{"name":"theNAME2:","value":"theVALUE"},{"name":"theNAME3:","value":"theVALUE"},{"name":"theNAME4:","value":"theVALUE"},{"name":"theNAME5:","value":"theVALUE"},{"name":"theNAME6:","value":"theVALUE"},{"name":"theNAME7:","value":"theVALUE"},{"name":"theNAME8:","value":"theVALUE"}]}]}

On iOS we will only see the first 6 facts. After that, the message is omitted.

Thanks a lot!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, messages with >6 lines are not fully displayed on the iOS app. This is especially annoying when using Facts.

On android, most messages are not fully displayed.

On PC, the messages are shown correctly. Please fix this inconsistency!

• Clayton Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team currently uses the integration with HockeyApp for crash notifications on our mobile platforms in Slack. Transitioning to Teams, the channel post loses all of the valuable formatting; link to the issue in HockeyApp directly, summary of the crash, platform/version info, device/username, etc. This is a big deal if webhooks are going to be useful in Teams.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

emoticons are not rendered. :boom: :white_check_mark: etc

This is a killer on the android app since this forces you to instead use 'sections' 'activityImage' which is forcefully scaled to 52x52 pixels --- The android app can then see a maximum of 3 messages on screen!

• Michael Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are working to integrate webhooks into some custom applications as notifications however many of the json object attributes are not generating the expected rendering as this issue has defined above. I built a simple powershell script to POST to the webhook url and as mentioned certain attributes such as themeColor are not working. Also the potentionalAction attribute won't display a button, just a link. Kind of frustrating since I suspect Teams is getting the correct notification, but it is not being rendered correctly on the client.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definately a bug. Kinda stopping any migration from Slack to Teams thats for sure.

• Mark Bowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, webhook wont allow a double backslash either, for putting in explorer paths to file shares

• Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I post a single image through the webhook, the image isn't resized to fit in the box correctly (in terms of width) and only 1px is visible in height.

• Mattias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just as I thought I was done with a Teams Target for NLog, I now also noted the other problems with text rendering and more on the different plattforms.
        Well, well, I just assume this will be fixed in comming versions.
        I'll post the target as v.0.2 on NuGet

• Mattias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, as they are now it is hard to differentiate for example card status when getting CI info from a CI platform.

You would like to use themeColor to indicate successful or failed build/test with red Green and use the other graphical elements.

Feedback and Knowledge Base