Yann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saw this was in internal testing. I'd be delighted to install a alpha or beta version and help test.

I'm very keen to get this functionality--I can't even begin to estimate how many messages I miss because I don't see the notification pop up so the message sits there unread until I happen to open Teams when I wanted to send someone else a message and then I see I have an unread message waiting for me. The red dot on the system tray icon is identical to when you're busy/in a meeting so it isn't reliable.

• Michael Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding another voice - Teams notifications should respect Quiet Hours. Giving presentations and getting Teams notifications is distracting at best and unprofessional at worst.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prioritizing and routing important messages is always a challenge. When you Know the players (like your boss) you can set a priority for your 'known' people. In some businesses these get interspersed with 'unknown' or 'non-repeating ' ones who also need a priority. Human nature being what it is if you leave it up to the sender then their priority is always the highest. Other problem is managing inputs : Phone, Mail, Messaging, Intercom, Fax, and more. Can we get more done if we can eliminate some of these paths ?

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications need a setting so that each user can decide how long they want the message displayed on their screen. Unless a user is pretty much staring at their screen constantly a message can and does get missed sometimes causing unpleasant situations. Businesses and their employees do not want to be burdened with even more emails that are generated because of a missed IM. Please give options as to having the message remain for (ie., 5min, 10,15, 30, 60 minutes) and let the user decide as appropriate for them. Also having a larger and more eye-catching notifier would be a big help, the little change in the circular dot doesn't cut it.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams notifications keep leaving artifacts (pieces of the notification) on my Surface Go when in tablet mode. I sometimes need to close Teams to make them go away. They are a terrible nuisance.

I really hope this comes soon. Or at least that Teams will be silent while presenting or using screenshare by follwing the notification configuration (only alarms etc.)

Any update on when this is going to be implemented? This is super important for productivity when you are a member of lots of teams.

• Gaëtan van der Laan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is taking way too long (since september 2016)! The current version of Teams still doesn't provide the experience in Windows 10 as it should. Notifications are horrible as in inconsistent and sluggish. How about the Fluent Design System? Bring some consistency in this (but also other Microsoft's) software.

I cannot believe "this is still being worked upon". It has been two years already…

Please, what is the current status in 2019? :/

• TZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't necessarily need the persistent notifications in Windows notification center, but I would love it if Teams would adhere to Do Not Disturb mode (aka Focus Assist).

• IndefiniteBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that Teams' notifications stay there and often get hidden partially on screen (when changing resolution) but not enough to be closed. I frequently have to close and reopen Teams to clear out those bugged out notifications.

We definitely need this functionality to get notified for messages in Teams. This is not an application runs silently. Notification is its top one functionality.

Slack did here a very nice job; get the slack app from the windows store and stop using teams solves your pail!

This is one of my top requests. I use virtual desktops in Windows daily. If I have teams open on a different virtual desktop then the one I am working on I completely miss the notifications.

Lack of integration with Window 10 action center continues to be the number one complaint as we roll out Teams.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base