How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Connector for Slack

Would be great to have a connector to slack to ease the transition from Slack to Teams.

105 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elizabeth Romero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we need a connector we are trying to encourage users to have one base chat tool Ms Teams but we have digital silos and some users already using slack - a connector would be huge in helping to make Ms Teams our main chat tool

• Paul van de Wiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An integration between Teams and Slack on a channel level would be more then nice.
        Integration of chat would be nice for us.

• John-Mason Shackelford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge help! We have two different organizations one standardized on slack the other on teams and they need to communicate. These are separate large organizations so no way either one is going to switch.

• Art F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A trigger for when new message posted to a slack channel would be very strategic for my orgs teams adoption. I work on projects with joint business partners and our slack setup is nearly unusable, at least our setup sucks enough to where people just dont end up using it much for communicating with our close external business partners, and it definitely has a business impact. If this sort of tool adds so much productivity where you do use it well (internally), it becomes pretty obvious how inferior your efficiency is when working with external business partners. I think team has some great features that could, if the stars align, have the potential to pull people from their rabid habitual slack relationship. If I could create a teams channel that could sync with slack channels from multiple domains, that would be a very powerful draw. But I need triggers for when new messages are posted, or I will need to wait until I have time to try to write a custom connector, unlikely to happen anytime soon, would be awesome if this trigger could be added. Thanks!

• EDJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, World !

Yes, I agree, a Slack connector would be great to feed activities Teams <-> Slack at a Channel level.
        Nothing new about this ?

Many thanks by advanced.

B.R.

EDJ

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is badly needed... especially between external 3rd parties... It prevents us from switching to Teams.

• Bob H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of our major projects uses Slack because of the number of external contractors who we work with on it. Now we have adopted Teams it would be nice to have just one tool, but at the moment integrating the external links on our AD/Teams isn't practical. An IRC gateway to Slack would mean internal teams could be using Teams and external contractors could continue to use Slack. If this worked it would be a good way to drive more people on to Teams and then get critical mass towards removing Slack.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least give us XMPP (which Slack and just about every chat client has).

• John Garland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to this, I've spoken with several people who are already actively on several Slack channels in other organizations. Their resistance to switching their company from Slack to Teams revolves around "already in Slack, don't want to have to manage another chat application if we can just use the one." It's the inertia/iTunes/etc argument, and of course hearkens back to the old Trillian/Messenger Client battles.
        However, Teams is playing catch-up to Slack, so to be viable, it has to be creative/clever and be the one to build the bridges from one to the other.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams should be integrated with slack. Chat and rooms could be synchronized so its up to the user and the level of stability to use the witch ever app you want.

I know that this will never happen, but it would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base