How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Use built in notifications for macOS

Notifications built into the OS (which all apps I've seen use other than Outlook and now Teams) are more functional and allow for more user control. Most importantly, they honor Do Not Disturb settings, which is critical.

1,490 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergi Isasi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

167 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates here? Hoping it's easier to make notifications for Apple's out-of-the-box system than it was to design and implement custom notification banners to begin with.

• Max Bondarenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? Im missing all notifications because they are on the desktop 1. Why you haven't used native notifications in the first place?
        Literally the only app on the macOS that uses its own custom "banners". Really unthoughtful

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on this?

I've spent weeks having annoyed people walking up to me asking why I don't ever answer teams. We just transitioned from Hipchat and I didn't realize that they were going to Desktop1 instead of the built in notification tray like Slack and Hipchat does/did. Since I work in full screen apps non-stop I had to turn on "Always Notify Me" in the phone app so my watch would buzz and cause me to go looking for the chat window.

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How difficult just to add an "Opt out" option? as a short term work around.

The only way to make the existing pop-up more annoying would be to flash the entire screen and shift the mouse focus to the pop-up. :)

• Nati serrano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey Warren, is this ready? outlook is better than spark, but I am using spark because they have the native macOs notifications and outlook uses that ugly mini window instead, let us know when it's ready! else share your code source and I'll code it myself :)

• jwsadler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current implementation is frustrating, because Teams notifications are hidden behind OSX notifications. If you cannot integrate with OSX notifications then allow us to move the location they appear.

• Anderson Correa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Esta atualização é muito importante, pois trabalhando em tela cheia no macOS não é possível ser notificado das mensagens, a não ser que esteja com fone de ouvido para ouvir o singelo tom de nova mensagem. Lancem essa melhoria o quanto antes por favor! =D

• Trevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be right at the top of the to-do list. It's been a huge, unnecessary pain point.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feature request is need. Was just in a meeting where I was screensharing. Even though I had set DND for system notifications, the Teams notifications popped in and was shared with everyone. Until this is address, I'll need to close Teams or limit notifications.

• J K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One the main reasons for using native notifications, or something that interacts well with them, is that Teams notifications appear below and are obscured by long-lived native notifications, making them near useless.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED this.

I have people going back to Slack, its like a virus and I need them off of it, we need notifications.

• Joshroeda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was using teams but stopped out of frustration of not seeing notifications coming in. Was sick of everyone walking around saying “didn’t you get my teams message??” Well..No because the notifications were buried. Please implement soon. Much needed feature.

• Maurizio Branca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please ... use the built-in notification system al least as an option over the custom one.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base