How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to archive channels

Would be nice if we had the ability to archive channels. For example: we created a channel for a specific project. Once the project is complete, we can archive that channel or at least move it out of the primary view. I could see the channel list getting large and clunky quickly with multiple projects many of which are complete.

Also, when a conversation in the channel is complete it should be archived or hidden.

6,649 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cory shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded  · 

Unfortunately due to re-prioritization this item has slipped back onto the “backlog” for the time being.

I hope to see it move back into “working on it” soon and will continue to engage the feature team with your feedback.
    -Warren

441 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this, We have a channel for each marketing campaign and it is becoming unmanageable with 2018 campaigns still in the list.

• Liam Winter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this. Just started using teams and simply cannot believe with a 20 channel limit per team that you cannot archive a channel. Unbelievable

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you can archive a Team, but not a Channel. Flummoxed as to why it's not available the other way around - you move a Channel into an Archive Team. Are we meant to use a gazzilion Teams to get the result we desire?

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be great if this were able to become a priority feature. I agree with others, the lack of ability to archive causes workflow issues that force us away from Teams.

• John Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this asap. The inability to archive conversations is holding us back from utilising Teams properly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to think of anything that has priority over this feature. Not being able to archive makes Teams unfit for purpose.

• Alejandro P. Morcate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to join everyone else in saying that this is a must have. Please put some time into this, the number of unused channels in a team can ultimately grow out of control and no one should have to delete them losing valuable work.

• Arnold Asuncion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like to see this feature added; will greatly enhance the user experience to de-clutter things.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base