How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Move channels into other teams

We would like to move a project (channel) between groups to keep the information, or be able to sort channels to our liking.

5,516 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

643 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! We would love to move Channel from one Team to another for organizational purposes. Teams is great but organization has been the biggest challenge.

• Josh C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this feature? My organization is trying to move to teams 100%, and we are struggling with the structure. Moving channels would greatly help!

• wb31312 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Any help please regarding how to move one channel into another channel?

Thanks,

• Jerry Bumgarner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature soon. Needed immediately. Channels are getting setup under the "Quotes" team for potential projects. When we get an order for the project, we need to move that channel to the "Active Projects" team. Don't understand why this wouldn't have already been added.

• Lisa R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a prioritization standpoint, I would put "Move channels into other teams" ahead of "Ability to archive channels" because moving channels between teams would provide a work-around to *not* being able to archive channels. I could have an archived Teams space, reactivate it, move a channel into it, then archive the Teams space again. Not as nice/clean as just archiving the channel, but it would get the job done.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will greatly help us in order to keep the Teams structure tidy. We have been using Teams for a few months and a clean-up is definitively required.

• Edi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will be much appreciated.. we started using Teams a lot and now we have cluttered taems

• Eivind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to be able to have one channel in multiple teams. I am working with multiple interdisciplinary projects where each project may have a team with a channel for different parts. We also have teams for the various product groups. It would then be nice to be able to gather the relevant channels from projects into the product teams as well.

Regarding access, I imagine read access to the linked channels, and the possibility to move the channel over when ownership changes.

• Freeman Fessler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, PLEASE provide an update on this. The survey is closed also so wondering what the results were from that. Thank You.

• Chris C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a status on this? Agreed with the others that it would be very useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you give an update on the status of this please? It's an absolute priority for our organisation, I'm not sure if I can get buy-in from the org to use teams without this feature

• Shawn Paskevic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update on the ability to move a channel to a different team. Definitely high priority for us. Survey is closed so how do we provide vote for this important capability?

• Pamela van Giessen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to move a TEAM into another TEAM -- as a channel. Often, a TEAM may start as it's own entity and then need to be subsumed under another team. This really should be a feature of TEAMS

• K. L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this feature. Very intuitive and massively beneficial for organization structure

• Dirk Hübner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jan: Your are talking about moving files/Folders of a Group in SharePoint (Teams uses , but not about moving message channels from one Teams team to another team!?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33

Feedback and Knowledge Base