How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Move channels into other teams

We would like to move a project (channel) between groups to keep the information, or be able to sort channels to our liking.

8,692 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

973 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Baris A.
    interesting! any tips you can share? to maybe avoid some of the "nightmares"?

• Baris A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It took them more than a year to announce that this feature is backlogged to prioritize emojis and magicboards. Unfortunately our firm is one of the early adopters of Teams. At that time, it wasn't clear that each team has a 100 channel restriction. When we reached the limit, we tried to create teams per client to reduce the number of channels per teams. Since then using and organizing Teams become a nightmare. We are using the old channel structure alongside new team/channel structure because we can't move the old channels. Some of the new employees are struggling to understand the logic and chats and files continue to being posted on wrong channels and teams. These mistakes are irreversible because writing into a channel is like writing onto stone. I wish Microsoft assigned a better team for Teams.

• Gary Broadbent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a fundamental feature. The use of MS Teams on a company will always evolve. To avoid losing content and keep MS Teams organised, this feature is a must.

This along with 2 or 3 other missing basic feature (searching conversations and merging channels) make me question whether MS teams is suitable for growing business use.

• Nathan Schramm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 this is "must have", it is baffling that this was not possible from day 1, even more baffling that it is moved to "backlog" - it needs to be a priority update!

• PeterRF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ridiculous that this has been put in "Backlog" - THis is a major requirement as the user base clearly indicates. Why is this???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, what are you doing? We've all been hanging out for this feature. You're busy adding new gloss but we need the ability to manage our work!

• Hyung Kong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not an optional feature. It should be "Must". Teams constantly get re-aligned and re-assigned on projects. I have tens of channels worked by one team, now new team want these.

Amounts of time i have to perform ETL of data is ridiculous.

• Juan Patino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! Any updates on this? Believe me, it would be a fantastic feature to have. In fact, it should be a "must-have"
    Thanks!

• Dave Chambers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great feature to be able to order and retain corporate information such as discussions around projects without having the leave multiple teams active, particularly when the team has been disbanded or the project has been completed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.