How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Move channels into other teams

We would like to move a project (channel) between groups to keep the information, or be able to sort channels to our liking.

6,612 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

749 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Laimonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi any progress on this topic ? If you have postponed it, simply state it, we'll plan accordingly... thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this. Really Microsoft? When you're a start-up, business process evolves with business growth. Enabling/Disabling a channel from view should be doable, along with moving 'chat thread' to a different 'file' or 'channel'. Come on....

• Remo Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am happy that this essential and important function is now taken into Microsoft's consideration of development. In real live the structure of companies and teams are flexible; an application must be able to take this into account.

In general, I think, Teams is far away from taking the complex structure of legal entities into account; working for different legal entities is currently a nightmare. Nevertheless I believe in the product’s success, as the idea behind is just great.

• Baris A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been waiting for this feature for years now. It is an embarrassment for Microsoft and whoever is working on this task on behalf of Microsoft.

• Ross Chevalier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the risk of contributing to a pile-on, no action appears to have been taken on this for some time and the person who said it was being worked on has apparently left Microsoft. There is certainly a lot of end user demand for this function.

Could someone at Microsoft please provide us all a status update on this request?

Glad you are working on this. Is there an ETA for publishing those changes or an early beta I can get?

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving channels between Teams is a must have in our deployment....at the very least we need to move content between channels.

Moving Channels between Teams is a critical need for our usage of Teams on a mass scale. Until then, it's relegated to the few staff who are early adopters, and for standalone projects with simple teams, or that won't evolve much.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38

Feedback and Knowledge Base