or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Topher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is still being actively worked upon. Good progress is being made, but I cannot share any additional details at this time.

While we work on our Whiteboard you can also try the third party whiteboard app Freehand by Invision that can be found by clicking the Store icon from within Teams and go to the app gallery.

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.
    -Warren

92 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Damon Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Taking the existing standalone Whiteboard app and adding it to Teams would be awesome.

• RW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft shared video 6 months ago about the new-then Whiteboard standalone app, in which it mentioned Teams integration coming soon. Hello - this is competitive market and the task here is not to put man on the moon - we are just asking for integration of the app that already is there and has been making its way to Teams since mid last year.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG91PYYPDto

• Alan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren any update on this.
        I just got asked for a white board App and I would like to include it in Microsoft Teams implementatino.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren, Any feedback on this feature ? Last comment from you was 4 month ago and 2173 voters are waiting some news.
        Freehand is definitely not a solution. Espacially when we have been teased to expected a solution from MS.

• Rafal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How are we expected to use this for our whiteboard sessions if we have to register with yet another provided InVision? We had no such issues with Skype for Business. I don't understand it, why is MS developing its Whiteboard standalone app if it cant be integrated with teams? We don't want to go through the vendor approval for Invision just for one feature that should be there. It's a pass for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Teams Roadmap shows that this feature is available but only app available is Invision. Is this the whiteboard app or else native windows whiteboard app will be available

• Raf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are phasing out Skype for Business, which has whiteboard, pools, Q&A etc. but this is not available in Teams yet? We are trying to stick to MS O365 but this makes is soo hard. It's sad, really, I've seen article somewhere last year talking about that S4B and Teams functionality parity has been achieved.

• Taru Vasenius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer to use Skype in my meetings since Teams does not offer Whiteboard to collaborate during the meetings. Please could you add similar functionality also in Teams?

• Eva Schreck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please integrate the Microsoft Whiteboard App. It somehow works if you add the website (preview of whiteboard web), log in and share the board with your team mates. With lager teams and a lot of boards it gets confusing. Therefore I would like to see a good integration between Teams and Whiteboard, so that you can add a board just like you add a planner

I just found myself needing it to ask anonymously to gather sensitive feedback and Ideas within a meeting, this is a must have feature for virtual teams. I now have to connect using other means of communication for this one case

• IJC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to use Invision is a poor substitute. In order to integrate Invision with Azure AD you must pay for the premium version. Asking users to create personal accounts with Invision is foolish and asking for trouble. Furthermore, once this feature is delivered, there will be no migration path for the content created in Invision back to Teams.

I'm adding a +1 for whiteboard and update here from Microsoft on the status. Thanks! Additionally, annotations on PowerPoint slides is a feature we use all the time in Skype for Business. It would be great to be able to tell our colleagues that this was coming in Teams.

• Tim B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi its now 2 months since the last update. This has been close to testing (May), Sooner rather than later (April) and 'good progress' in September.

The lack of a true integrated option that doesn't require all the users to create a separate account with Invision is debilitating to the long term success of this platform.

I have 3000 users who want to move to this but who are more likely to stay with our current fragmented but slightly better integrated non MS products unless there is some serious movement soon.

• Henry Pei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only a whiteboard but inking anywhere would be great! Inking during a desktop sharing for example would be of tremendous help.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base