Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Topher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being actively worked upon. Good progress is being made, but I cannot share any additional details at this time.

While we work on our Whiteboard you can also try the third party whiteboard app Freehand by Invision that can be found by clicking the Store icon from within Teams and go to the app gallery.

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.
    -Warren

78 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found myself needing it to ask anonymously to gather sensitive feedback and Ideas within a meeting, this is a must have feature for virtual teams. I now have to connect using other means of communication for this one case

• IJC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to use Invision is a poor substitute. In order to integrate Invision with Azure AD you must pay for the premium version. Asking users to create personal accounts with Invision is foolish and asking for trouble. Furthermore, once this feature is delivered, there will be no migration path for the content created in Invision back to Teams.

I'm adding a +1 for whiteboard and update here from Microsoft on the status. Thanks! Additionally, annotations on PowerPoint slides is a feature we use all the time in Skype for Business. It would be great to be able to tell our colleagues that this was coming in Teams.

• Tim B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi its now 2 months since the last update. This has been close to testing (May), Sooner rather than later (April) and 'good progress' in September.

The lack of a true integrated option that doesn't require all the users to create a separate account with Invision is debilitating to the long term success of this platform.

I have 3000 users who want to move to this but who are more likely to stay with our current fragmented but slightly better integrated non MS products unless there is some serious movement soon.

• Henry Pei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only a whiteboard but inking anywhere would be great! Inking during a desktop sharing for example would be of tremendous help.

Agree with all the other comments that this should be the existing Microsoft whiteboard app

• rk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want a whiteboard in teams meetings. Can be the Microsoft whiteboard or something else. There are issues with MS whiteboard too. Let's not forget that objects cannot be manipulated easily or edited like they can in onenote.

• Kayyum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also suggest to have Microsoft Whiteboard app available in Teams Store.

Is there an update on this feature?
        It looks many users would still like to rely on it as it is present in other conf-call applications.

• Julian Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with others - PLEASE integrate the existing MS Whiteboard - and, while you are at it, make that the same as the Surface Hub whiteboard (which allows you to email the editable whiteboard as a OneNote file).

It would be nice if you looked out why a touch pen cannot be used within MS Teams. I have a Wacom Intuos S which is pretty standard on the market, and I cannot draw anything or click anything within MS Teams. The touch pad with pen is working smooth with any other app on Windows 10 (drawing on OneNote, word, PowerPoint, stickynotes, Microsoft Whiteboard, works just fine). Thanks

• MNS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will the MS Whiteboard app be integrated into Teams? I guess that makes sense...

• Carlos Cordeiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to use the Microsoft Whiteboard app in Teams. I know its still in preview but its a great app and its heading in the right direction.

• Steven Machanoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I heard the whiteboard functionality within Teams is slated for July 2018. Is there a status of when this is scheduled to be released?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base