3,002 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Topher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is still being actively worked upon. Good progress is being made, but I cannot share any additional details at this time.

While we work on our Whiteboard you can also try the third party whiteboard app Freehand by Invision that can be found by clicking the Store icon from within Teams and go to the app gallery.

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.
-Warren

110 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a point in using Freehand, if Microsoft is offering a nice whiteboard app which as well is integrated into surface hub natively

• Wes Unger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad this is being worked on because we have people that use this on Skype for Business. Not sure why Microsoft wouldn't make like for like which would make it easier to transition to Teams. Stuff like the Q&A, Polls, should all be integrated just like they were for Skype. My opinion still is that Skype for Business still has an edge over Teams and I've been using Teams for about 2 months now. Also allowing Teams to do screen sharing with Skype users would be nice! The other thing we found is that the call controls for certain Plantronics headsets don't work in Teams still but they work fine in S4B. Microsoft needs to iron out the bugs before forcing Teams on everyone.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see Freehand as an option in the app gallery. Is it not available to everyone?

• Bob Spink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Telecommuting is growing in popularity, it seems Microsoft could make Teams even better with a set of tools that integrate for collaboration over distance. I've found OneNote but you have to dig several layers to find it. Could some type of instant link or tab with remote collaboration tools get added?

• Timo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys, update the world, as I have seen that on Admin Portal....

I vote for addition of a whiteboard.
    It's a standard tool and I would prefer an integrated whiteboard with teams as opposed to third party app add in.

• Thunell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A native whiteboard app that n Teams would be a game changer - users would just move themselves over from Skype. We have virtual teams in more than 160 countries. Please share an update

• Sev Derghazarian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would taken virtual collaboration to the next level. Teams has done so much for the ability to work remotely, whiteboarding (or lack of) is the biggest gap for our remote staff.

It looks like there is a, "Preview" for O365. Does this just give you access to the separate site, https://whiteboard.microsoft.com ? It appears this may not be team specific but user specific. Is this the beta version that will eventually be incorporated into Teams? Thanks.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/enable-microsoft-whiteboard-for-your-organization-1caaa2e2-5c18-4bdf-b878-2d98f1da4b24

• Damon Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Taking the existing standalone Whiteboard app and adding it to Teams would be awesome.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base