How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

share a specific application/window in screen sharing

When sharing "screen", add an option to share specific application rather than share the whole screen. I've got a 34" ultrawide and sharing the whole screen with someone using a small 13" laptop screen is untenable.

69 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Prasanna Parthasarathy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Warren responded  · 

When you start a meeting and click the share button you are presented the option to share your whole desktop or choose a specific application to share.

-Warren

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is that it is not that clear. After using webex for 15+ years I struggle with Teams how I can quickly share an application. In webex you see an icon at each right top corner of a window that you can click to quickly share another app. In Teams I now have to stop sharing, than click share again, followed by clicking another window.
        This must be easier.

• David Lowry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one is a blocker for completely replacing other products like WebEx or Chime. When I'm sharing, sometimes things come across the screen I don't want to be presenting. For example, sometimes someone will say something that pops up in a notification that should not be seen by the people I'm presenting to. Another example is when I need to bring up an Excel sheet with sensitive information on it.

• Nagarjuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is another good product from MS, But in collaboration sharing screen shot must be there, please bring it asap if not exists already

• Nicolas Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, I have a 40" 4k screen with 4 full 1080p quadrants, the lack of this option that is on Skype for business makes Teams unusable for me as a audio call tool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base