How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

share a specific application/window in screen sharing

When sharing "screen", add an option to share specific application rather than share the whole screen. I've got a 34" ultrawide and sharing the whole screen with someone using a small 13" laptop screen is untenable.

70 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Prasanna Parthasarathy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
we have this!  ·  Warren responded  · 

When you start a meeting and click the share button you are presented the option to share your whole desktop or choose a specific application to share.

-Warren

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Louise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a new IMac and am using Skype for Business version 16.26.19. I don't get an options when I click on the screen share icon, it just gives me a blue rectangle box called 'Share Screen'. I'd like to share an application only. I work from home and when in meetings with clients and sharing my screen, I can't go into my mail or check my calendar as it doesn't look very professional to show them my other client names and their details etc. Please can you advise if I need to download another version of Skype for Business. My colleague has lots of options available, but they are using Office 365 MSO 32 bit and version 16.0.11601 MSO on a windows laptop.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is that it is not that clear. After using webex for 15+ years I struggle with Teams how I can quickly share an application. In webex you see an icon at each right top corner of a window that you can click to quickly share another app. In Teams I now have to stop sharing, than click share again, followed by clicking another window.
    This must be easier.

• David Lowry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one is a blocker for completely replacing other products like WebEx or Chime. When I'm sharing, sometimes things come across the screen I don't want to be presenting. For example, sometimes someone will say something that pops up in a notification that should not be seen by the people I'm presenting to. Another example is when I need to bring up an Excel sheet with sensitive information on it.

• Nagarjuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is another good product from MS, But in collaboration sharing screen shot must be there, please bring it asap if not exists already

• Nicolas Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, I have a 40" 4k screen with 4 full 1080p quadrants, the lack of this option that is on Skype for business makes Teams unusable for me as a audio call tool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.