How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Would like the ability to create a reminder or task from a message

In Slack there is an ability to click message options and set a reminder to take action on that message at some later date, e.g., remind me about this tomorrow or in 1 hour, etc. I think they use their "slackbot /" commands to create this reminder. In Teams, it would be nice to have this ability or to create a task to take action on a message at some later time. Thanks!

638 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tina Harkins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

I really like the suggestion of creating an alarm on a message, so you come back to it. I’ve passed this on to our engineering team.

Meanwhile, here’s another feature you can utilize for the same purpose — use our “bookmark” button, which is in the upper right corner of every message. This will save that message or thread directly to your profile. To access your saved messages, just click your face in the upper left corner of the product. You’ll see a tab in the left rail that says “Saved.” This is like a list of little reminders.

Hope that helps! :-)

Suphatra
Microsoft Teams

72 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed that if Teams is to replace email then this feature needs to be more prominent. Although you can now 'save' messages - a tab the left side navigation to filter Saved messages would be really helpful - even better if it creates a reminder.

One of my favorite Slack features is clicking on a message and using the "Remind me in X minutes/hours/tomorrow" option. Then those reminders would come from the bot. You can even just do something like /remind @me to do X at 3 pm and not have it related to any type of message or team. Very handy.

Without this feature, I have no reason to switch to Teams.

I second most comments on this thread. Hiding does not solve the problem as whenever you restart a conversation with the same person the whole history is displayed. Sometimes we wear different clothes for different audiences and having one's underwear on public display is more than just a nuisance. Suggesting this is a legal requirement is simply smoke and mirrors. Simply archive once the conversation has ended.
    I have to say I dislike Teams. Oh to go back to something like Skype that doesn't try to be everything to everyone and end up as nothing to no-one.

• Cara Dorney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed. When we used slack i would constantly use the remind me of this message feature to make sure I was able to not break the flow of my work, but not forget about other tasks or team members who needed attention. Its helpful to have the notification pop up as reminder rather than needing to check a separate list

• Matt Russo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, the lack of this feature is a showstopper for moving away from email. I would quickly lose track of conversations requiring my action. The bookmark feature does not suffice since they are not visible in Microsoft To-Do, there are no due dates, etc.

• Tom Egger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really be a helpful feature for many of our users. To have a way to take a Teams message and turn it into a to-do or calendar entry so that we can follow up on it.

• Aaron Ricci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recurring messages would be great. ie. Once a week, send the following

@channel, don't forget to update your project status!

• Doug Staubach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a native reminder function (something similar to the "@RememberThis" bot, but expanded) - Needs to have local timezone support, infinite reminders (not limited to 7 days in the future), recurring reminders, and ability to remind self, channel or team - @Remind Me in 3 hours, @Remind Channel at 7:00 am MDT, @Remind Team on Jan 31 at 9:00 am LocalTime

• Phil Maynard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please re-look at this request MS Teams team! We need either integration with ToDo and/or the ability to add reminders to saved items so that we can treat it as a task list.

Saw an app "rememberThis" that looks like it has this functionality, seems quite easy to use, just have to install it on the channels

Wanting to do this today also, we are also new to office 365 and trialing it, very surprised that this, as well as other suggestions that are highly voted up still haven't been implemented.

Pretty poor service really.

any updates on this functionality? I'd love to be able to set weekly reminders within teams/channels too!

• Takahito Maruyama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have nice a to-do app in the Office suite - why still don't we have good collaboration between Teams and To-Do?
    I simply want to have a small icon "Send To-Do" on every message.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.