How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Would like the ability to create a reminder or task from a message

In Slack there is an ability to click message options and set a reminder to take action on that message at some later date, e.g., remind me about this tomorrow or in 1 hour, etc. I think they use their "slackbot /" commands to create this reminder. In Teams, it would be nice to have this ability or to create a task to take action on a message at some later time. Thanks!

449 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tina Harkins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really like the suggestion of creating an alarm on a message, so you come back to it. I’ve passed this on to our engineering team.

Meanwhile, here’s another feature you can utilize for the same purpose — use our “bookmark” button, which is in the upper right corner of every message. This will save that message or thread directly to your profile. To access your saved messages, just click your face in the upper left corner of the product. You’ll see a tab in the left rail that says “Saved.” This is like a list of little reminders.

Hope that helps! :-)

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please - something with a date attached. When you're on multiple teams, it's a challenge to remember when to do everything.

• Annonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it has taken 2 years and yet not able to implement a simple reminder feature. Wow MS teams is going places!

• Brian Tyszka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to tag a message with a reminder or even more generically what slack does with being able to set your own reminder. such as /reminder "Go to the store" on 1/31/19 at 5:00.

• Casey Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What good is setting a bookmark, if you don't remember to go in and check your bookmarks? The whole point of a reminder is a safe guard in case I forget. A reminder bot that allows me to create reminders for myself and the ability to be reminded about a message later are crucial.

Using teams today for the first time, and got an assignment for next week. Wanted to set a reminder for some time friday but a quick google search brought me here. I find the suggested workaround a joke. And to date there is no option in the store for this either.

C'mon, this request is over 2 years old but apparently a feature a lot of people would like (just like reminders in Slack and Trello or Snooze in Google Inbox/Gmail).

• Jean-Philippe Baril commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with the suggested approch is that we don't think to constantly go looking into bookmarks, so that's not really a solution.

The feature I use the most in Outlook is reminders/tasks set from emails, so if Teams want to replace emails with its tool then we need to have reminders.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI All, Really running behind on not having a reminder feature on TEAMS. SLACK has had it for years now. and RememberMe isn't a great solution.

Would love to have an option to have a weekly/biweekly/... reminder for something!

Agreed - Saved is a great tool but it's definitely not a replacement for a reminder.

I really hope that this get escalated in near future. Such a useful function. I find myself either sending an email or setting up another ToDo item to ensure that I follow-up on something. Tagging a line to "Remind me in" just make since to my team here.

I really hope that this get escalated in near future. Such a useful function. I find myself either sending an email or setting up another ToDo item to ensure that I follow-up on something. Tagging a line to "Remind me in" just make sense to my team here.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature if we hope to move out of email and into teams

• Paul Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The workaround is not appropriate because you want a time reminder and simply saving it does not achieve this. Pushing into ToDo seems technically simple enough and would be really cool - please!

• Aesaaved commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this or the ability to mark messages as unread/read within the desktop client as well. I don't open messages for this reason and looks bad when I don't respond or forget.

• Jeff Berner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That this functionality still doesn't exist in this product after 2 years pretty much tell us that MS is more involved in other things and this product will just continue to flounder. I cant event get Flows to work right with Teams anymore. Save yourself the headaches and go back to Slack.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base