How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Enable screen sharing without audio/video call

Enable an option to start a screen sharing session without starting a an audio.video call. This is a common use case in our organization.

5,481 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jens Engelmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminAlex (Teams Engineering, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

UPDATE: I have confirmed with the feature team that this is, in fact, functioning as you expect – you can share your entire desktop or a specific window directly from a private chat session, without starting audio or video. The mute microphone button is enabled so you are able to easily add audio by “unmuting”, but we realize this is causing confusion. We are working on further experience improvements.

Please feel free to respond to teamsml@microsoft.com if you are still seeing issues.

Thanks,
Alex

407 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is the only reason I can't fully remove Skype for Biz... it is way too cumbersome to do a desktop share with remote employees.

I would like a way to share my screen with one person in a chat. Skype has this ability.

Video set to OFF should be the default - not "ON", or I should be able to set it as my own default. People should be able to choose whether or not to turn on their camera when they join a meeting. Currently, it seems I have to join with video on and quickly turn it off, if I choose to (since I work from home, and I might be in my PJs).

• TC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - some of our group is using Teams inside a Windows VM, and the webcam doesn't pass through to the VM. We do use screen sharing a lot.

• Jaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have the ability to share the desktop and use chat for communication when audio

• c b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ya.. just like Skype for Business... no Video or Audio call needed to instantly share.

1 2 17 18 19 21 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base