How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Enable screen sharing without video call

Enable an option to start a screen sharing session without starting a video call. This is a common use case in our organization.

5,504 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jens Engelmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Hi everyone, thanks for all your emails, calls, tweets and messages. I should have clarified that this feature is complete, and is currently in a validation ring and being slowly rolled out over the next couple weeks, as it passes through our validation rings.

So you will see it soon in your Teams client. I will email again when it has finished being deployed to all Teams customers.

Thank you!
    Suphatra

407 comments

Comments are closed
    • Jonathan Mortlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering Microsoft has stated that Teams is feature comparable to SfB the fact that you can't do desktop sharing in a chat is crazy

• Jamie Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like Julian Alarcon says, this is done. Any idea when it'll get delivered? I just checked and I don't have this feature. Yet.

• JoAnna Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren and other MS team peeps,

It's been over a month since the comment saying there might be updates in the coming weeks.

This original request is almost 2 years old.

Is there anything the community can do to push this along? It's really a high priority for a lot of organizations and is making staff request moving back to SfB for this feature.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider bumping up in priority. Very cumbersome to start a voice/video call in order to screenshare.

• Charles Chang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, do you think we will get an update soon? at least an ETA? This has been holding up our full migration from S4B to Teams.Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. Can you provide update where are you on this feature? Chat Sharing is extremely important!

Warren...this feature was first requested in 2016. It has been almost 2 years. Aside from "working on it"...can you provide an ETA year if not a quarter?

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you MS for working on this feature. It would be beneficial and helpful to have it.

• Prem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In skype Screen sharing was a great help .... Pls get it in TEAMS as well , Thanks

Yes, please. This is needed. I won't re-invent the wheel of reasons why, but will add my +1 that we are waiting for this.

• Toon Six commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree, this is so much needed. Please enable this also for external users since we must be able to share our screen with customers, vendors, subcontractors, etc. Vice versa, external parties must be able to share their screens with us.
      Thanks for enabling us to get involved in sharing ideas, in discussing them among contributors, and see the total votes per idea.
      Please MS Teams product managers, let us know the details of the new features that you plan to work on so that we can capture some misunderstandings before you start coding.

Thanks

Toon Six

• Pea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is totally silly. I am not sure how you do your work, but often u have somebody on the phone and you just want to say, here let me show you and click a button to share your screen. Like slack, like Skype, like tons of other tools. Here you have to do a call first or setup a meeting. And when you setup a meeting it turns the computer call on anyway. I want to be able to share a screen from a chat with somebody and I DO NOT WANT a frickin audio connection. This is way to complicated and a waste of time. Still using Skype ... so much easier.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can back that this is an essential feature we use a lot in SfB. We are currently having to run both teams and Skype just to be able to use this feature.

• Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A main reason for using SFB is the screen share (without video). This omission will be a major impediment to corporate usage of Teams and will have customers scrambling to look at competing products with this feature.

• matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, so this feature is not live yet? The T-bot tells how to share but the button is missing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base