How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

1,359 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Johan Tideström shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

175 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Ivan Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just the meeting tab, also an issue in the other places where dates are shown (e.g. Conversations, Files).

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oddly, the conversation detail (chat pane) shows the date in local format D/MM) but the recent chat summary shows it as MM/D. Look like its half way there.

• Nicola Rampazzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notification sent for missed chat/team messages are sent using PST time, so it's difficult to understand when exactly the message was posted. Mail should report time in user's timezone set in his/her profile.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Or make the date format like Nov 12 instead of 11/12 (which I initially thought suggested i hard read 11 of 12 posts:().

• Reza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm seeing the wrong order issue as well. It gets fixed after a while, but in the meantime the messages are out of order.

• Craig Laparo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My time settings are managed by my company, but for some reason my computer is always one minute ahead of others'. I can change it manually, but it always eventually "corrects" itself to one minute in the future. The messages seem to be out of order only on my computer.

• Daniel Nordström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem as well, but for Swedish. Seems like the meetings tab does not change after the selected language.

• Roland Paix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So my language settings were set to English (UK)... why, I don't know, seeing as I'm in Australia. But even after I'd changed it to English (Australia), the Meetings tab still shows US date format (MM/DD).

Other areas correctly show my local date format (DD/MM).

• Gian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like this is even happening when local machine times are the same. Seems to be related to the time Teams has as well. ie, locally my colleague and I say 9:16AM, but teams timestamp says 9:12.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real problem. This causes really strange behavior even if your computer is a minute ahead of everyone else.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Computer A is 10 minutes behind computer B.
    Computer A replies to a chat message from computer B.
    Computer A's reply is display before computer B's original message in the chat history.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

use the local settings or give us settings for different format like time

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.