How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

1,249 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Johan Tideström shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

160 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Settings should be taken over from the regional settings of the user. These settings are important in an international context. These settings rightfully so are done on OS level and should not be tampered with in the application.

If you have a joint development team in UK and USA a date like 10/7/19 can be ambiguous. Does it mean 10 July 2019 or 7 October 2019 ?
    A solution is to explicitly show the month in letters, e.g 10 July 2019.
    Please enable this date format.
    Thank you, Alistair Morfey

• TPG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For international usage especially in large companies it is vital to use the same date and time format as in the computer's settings.

• Bridgid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have to leave in US format at least use words rather than numbers.
    ie 11/05 ie write Nov 05. Less confusion for the rest of the world that doesn't use this system.

• TN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is annoying and make meeting scheduling impossible in some cases because this weird time system. We have 24h clock not stupid 12h...

• Phillip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A default installation should take the date/time format of the computer's system settings. Give the user the option to change it, sure, but make it correct by default!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making this setting read from Windows 10 or a globally setting from Teams Admin portal would be great.

Seriously Microsoft. This is basic functionality that just needs to be fixed. We're having issues scheduling meetings in Teams because time zones are incorrect. How could we ever migrate our users from Skype before this is in place? This should NOT be in your backlog.

Same problem here. Have to manually adjust Timezone every time I book a meeting.

Still wrong timezone when creating Meetings in Teams on mac. Have to manually update it.

• Abbas Sheikh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi MS Team,

Data/time format should be picked up from systems settings.
    One my Mac, I am using 12Hr time format, but Team is showing 24Hr time format.

It is confusing and counter productive.

Kindly take this up on priority.

Thanks,

• Johan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To NOT use the windows regional settings is something I expect for some bad obscure app, not a microsoft app. Fix now!

• Andrew Stanton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> This feature is still on the backlog.

Why would this even be on a backlog? I have to actually do something to NOT use the builtin windows regional settings for a windows program.

This kind of nonsense should require no user requests, it should just be *done*.

This is very, very frustrating moving from Staffhub to Microsoft Teams/Shifts. Date/Times are important stuff in our business and I don't have any confidence using Teams/Shifts for our day-to-day operations.
    What is happening with this feature Microsoft?

• Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is vital that this is corrected. We work in the UK and it is causing real confusion that the date is US based. I agree that this should be something that should be configurable for all Teams in the Teams admin console. I spent half a morning looking for this. At the moment, even though the Language is set to UK, the dates associated with files are all US dates. Clearly the language setting is not filtering through to a corresponding date display. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Thank you.

• Gavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable that this level of bug goes ignored for so long. Makes a mockery of anyone interested in governance and using Teams. Makes even more of a mockery for those MS partners who have to deal with irate clients facing this issue.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base