How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

When renaming a Team Channel, the associated Sharepoint folder continues with it's previous name. This could lead to confusion.

2,072 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

kevo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

140 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really started to change the solution to Slack. Why I have to visit every week just to check ETA?

• Jorik Uiterwijk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that's a long holiday :)
        but of course, AFTER holidays, isn't really specific. Would be nice to have an ETA though

I agree this needs to happen. We really need the channel to change in sharepoint.

• Scott Korvek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not trying to be a jerk- but this is a show stopper. THis should have been implemented to tie the colletion ID to the channel from day 1.
        When's the ETA? It's been a year and a half since this was marked "working on it"

It's really hard to try to push users to a groupware solution when their complaints that it is hard to use/inconsistent/obtuse are completely valid complaints.

• Evert Rutgers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow - is the only solution creating new channels in MS Teams with the desired names, transferring all files and deleting the channels with the old names? Would be great to have an ETA on this as we are using MS Teams a lot and this will seriously harm adoption... Thanks!

I have some colleagues that no longer use teams because their files are not synced with their sharepoint page. The reason is obviously renaming channels but is there an easy way to undo the damage?

Dear the team,

I think it is quite disappointing for me who is a big fan of Microsoft.

It has been raised more than 2 years ago, and it is clearly a bug, not the improvement.

I’m in charge of transformation of our corporate and trying to adopt Teams a sole communication tool, but the effort of Microsoft seems to be slow to win this game.

Please update ETA of this critical issue to all lovers of your product, as soon as possible.

• Steve N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nine months?!!! I wasted about a hour on this today, before I discovered here that apparently thousands of people have the same frustration. This is basic functionality. I thought MS was getting better at coordinating their application development. Instead it appears to be the result of two teams who don't talk to each other. Software shouldn't released assuming users will be the QC process. Our firm is dealing with another set of frustrations enabling external users to access files on the SharePoint platform. Does MS actually test applications with people who aren't computer scientists?

Hi Suphatra, ETA on the update? It's now after the holidays? We are holding off on using Teams pending this update...

• Atefeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please fix this issue. We use Teams within our company and the folder naming mismatch is very frustrating :(

• Florin Mehedinti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad to see this is being worked on... Except please for the love of all that is holy, prompt the user as they change the name in Teams. It'll save them lots of headache if they knew they would literally LOSE ACCESS TO FILES FROM WITHIN TEAMS IF THEY CHANGE THE TEAM NAME.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base