How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

7,891 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brendan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m so happy to share an update with you! The feature team has let me know that they are working hard at this and are aiming for a spring time release.

Please comment below if you might be interested in testing or TAP, and include the industry, company size, and location of your org. We would likely want to hit a very wide range of demographics.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

593 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Derrick Rieke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very, very important. All the calendars need to come together and just be managed in the heart of the team. The teem needs to be the one place that everyone needs to go to post and find information they need from their different teams.

• Neil McCafferty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for us too. What I want is a view of my Calendar exactly as in EXO with the Group Calendar overlaid, active as the default for additions, and to be reliably rendered across browsers and desktop. I should be able to switch between Teams and have the Group Calendar change or manually select to overlay several Calendars to quickly and easily check commitments. This means I can plan events for the Team in isolation or with consideration of existing personal or other Team activity.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? It's now more than a year under Review.

You definitely disrespect your customers.
        If it's too complicated, either clean it up, or let us know that you are not able to provide it to us!

• Liam Sheridan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has my vote! With the upcoming cohesion between S4B and Teams, I'm now happy to start thinking about a roll out in our org. However, I would expect a team to be able to see the team group calendar easily.

• Chad Kealey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the upcoming change to Teams-generated Groups (being hidden from Outlook/Exchange clients), there will be no practical (for your average end user) way to get to the Group Calendar.

• Schneika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is possible to Tab a modern SharePoint Teamsite with a Group Calendar WebPart in the Teams Tab of a Channel. But the iCal-Links of the Calendar-Items only working in the Browser, but not in the native Teams-Client

Agree - I want to see a calendar where everyone can enter their availabilty (not Outlook)

What are the status of this?

I REALLY miss a working Group/Team calendar.
        Team owners should be able to post a joint schedule in a calendar with more views than just an agenda... a mounth view or week view that works directly in Teams and does not link you to Outlook or Sharepoint solutions.

Also be able to add layers on your group calendar, for example channel calendars, import other calendars... either personal account calendars or even third party solutions like google calendar.

Atleast as a start would ofc be to have a working calendar for a group/team.

• Joe Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you say if you will have any sort of announcement at the May conference in Vegas? Been under review for almost a full year now... something, please..

• Oskar Kuus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need a working group calendar that is displayed in teams. The group owner should admin the calendar...

Outlook calendar are **** in teams.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A basic native Calendar should be a priority, amazed it wasn't included to this point

• John W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To echo what hundreds of others have already said... having a shared calendar for the team is absolutely essential and so basic that it should already be available as a tab to add to any team.

Aside from this, I would like to have the ability to add a calendar "widget" to a Team to be able to document things like deliverable dates, milestones, holidays, time off...

Feedback and Knowledge Base