How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

10,589 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brendan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

929 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg Haar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 This would be so helpful, and love idea of having this as a tab, but keep in mind these would likely be TEAM calendars and not necessarily CHANNEL calendars. What if clicking on a Team Name opened the "View Team" option instead of expanding/contracting channels. Then, on the "View Team" page, next to Bots, could be Calendar and display the Team/Group calendar...

Channel calendars could still be a thing but maybe able to be added separately and could be used more for due dates/project scheduling (like pulling in Planner due dates).

Then perhaps when viewing a Team calendar, you could have the option to toggle the display of aggregated channel calendar entries within that team so you get a rolled up view of events most relevant to the channels you follow...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To follow up your suggestion:

Rooms + Calendars. Being able to see a calendar of rooms available for meetings would be slick.

• Beatriz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to be able to unify Outlook calendar events with team meetings, for example creating scheduling recurring meetings on Friday and appearing in Outlook and teams. We currently use office 365 groups for this.

• Christiaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, would be indeed be essential, also for reducing user confusion and increasing user adoption of office 365 :-) If this feature is added I can see Teams become the go to place for team collaboration within office 365 (combining power with the linked Office 365 Group - SP file library and the linked Office 365 Group - Planner)

• Colin Stennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An absolutely essential feature to include for fully efficient team collaboration IMHO.What is the real use of being able to work with others in potentially disparate geographical locations and timezones if we don't have a quick and easy way to see if our colleagues are actually available to work, or if OOO, when they will be due back into the business?

We currently have a shared team resource planner in Excel which sits on a network drive and is painstakingly updated by authorised users one at a time. We could move it to One drive to allow better access, but even better would be adding the Office 365 / Outlook group calendar view into Teams as a separate tab that can be activated for display. This would help complete the Microsoft Teams picture and make the function truly game changing!

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A calendar that links between Outlook, Planner and Teams would be perfect. It needs to be updatable/visible in Outlook, but integratable with Planner (ie due dates to tasks can be tagged to be added to the calendar), and then viewable as its separate tab in Teams.

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We created a Team which required a shared calendar. So we searched in outlook to find the group calendar that is created by Teams when it creates a group. This worked how ever the calendar in outlook shows random meetings from multiple members personal calendars, I think this is a bug, as the teams calender in groups is empty, so why does it show appointments int he outlook version. a fix a suggestion?

• Martin Dahm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good calendar for the team is essential, should be included in the team when you create it (there is one for the O365-group that gets created with the team, but it needs to appear in the Teams-apps as well as online).

And it would be even better if the Teams-app got it as a built in function, borrowing the calendar functionality from Outlook, not only as a viewer for the online webpage.

The same goes, off course, for the mobile apps as well. Integrate functionality from Outlook for iOS/Android into the Teams app on the mobile platforms to make the user experience equally good regardless of which app you use.

If that were the case I could manage my personal calendar through the Outlook app and the different calendars for my teams in Teams without having to adapt different ways of working.

That would create the foundation for a smooth user experience which would make Teams and Outlook even more attractive for the normal user. As of today we need to adopt different methodology for doing the same basic tasks depending on in what context we do it (i.e. personal use / in collaboration with others) and that creates unnecessary frictions.

• Travis Page commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to view/change company events calendars through Teams would be a powerful way to drive adoption of the platform. I'd love to see the ability of having our company's overall event calendar made available through the platform with specific users having rights to modify but all users having view access.

• KennyO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and love this idea. I too am constantly jumping back and forth for just the calendar as I have already move a majority of my internal work to Teams....Please add a calendar tab oh MS Gods!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.