How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

4,757 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brendan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

242 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chad Kealey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the upcoming change to Teams-generated Groups (being hidden from Outlook/Exchange clients), there will be no practical (for your average end user) way to get to the Group Calendar.

• Schneika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is possible to Tab a modern SharePoint Teamsite with a Group Calendar WebPart in the Teams Tab of a Channel. But the iCal-Links of the Calendar-Items only working in the Browser, but not in the native Teams-Client

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are the status of this?

I REALLY miss a working Group/Team calendar.
        Team owners should be able to post a joint schedule in a calendar with more views than just an agenda... a mounth view or week view that works directly in Teams and does not link you to Outlook or Sharepoint solutions.

Also be able to add layers on your group calendar, for example channel calendars, import other calendars... either personal account calendars or even third party solutions like google calendar.

Atleast as a start would ofc be to have a working calendar for a group/team.

• Joe Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you say if you will have any sort of announcement at the May conference in Vegas? Been under review for almost a full year now... something, please..

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A basic native Calendar should be a priority, amazed it wasn't included to this point

• John W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To echo what hundreds of others have already said... having a shared calendar for the team is absolutely essential and so basic that it should already be available as a tab to add to any team.

Aside from this, I would like to have the ability to add a calendar "widget" to a Team to be able to document things like deliverable dates, milestones, holidays, time off...

Yes, please, of all the apps that you can have in teams, a group calendar seems like a no brainer. This is not just a "maybe" thing. It is an intricate part of collaboration. Almost the most important part. Not having a group calendar integration is a severe pain for my business and is seriously making me think about switching to gsuite. Please make this happen- ASAP!

• Javier Cuesta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe, rather than or in addition to the ability to show/hide one calendar byTeam (or group) in Outlook, it would be great to have one Teams Hub Calendar to integrate them all. Most of the time there are no many appointments in a group calendar.

• Javier Cuesta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the amount of information increases we risk to clutter calendar view so we need to be able to swiftly switch bettwen views. The new Groups calendar fall in My calendars and we cannot move them up or favourite, so it's quite time consuming to set which we want to see, then when you un-check the entire My Calendars all previous selection is reset. Maybe the Teams/Planned calendars could show/hide according to their favourite status in the respective apps (Teams, Planner). Otherwise it would be great to be able to at least save frequently used views (combination of calendars, etc.)

• Brandon Tidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe just an Outlook Calendar connector / app / tab? If I can update an excel file in real time using 365, why not an outlook file?

• Alan Reidy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone,

I just setup a calendar in Teams by setting it up through a web link.

Here's a link on how to do it.
        https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/skywriter/2017/12/07/quick-tip-add-group-calendar-in-microsoft-teams/

Now I can view our team calendar through a tab in our team channel.
        I was trying to figure this out for a while and now that this works it looks great.

It's great being able to setup and see meetings through my group in both Outlook and teams.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Hi Warren,
        Is there an update on this yet ? Its one stumbling block thats preventing me rolling out a Team in my business.
        Thanks
        Dave

• Matt Korich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren Please provide regular updates? I'm sure we would all enjoy some official word to maintain hope. Thanks.

Must, must, must have calendars integrated. We have numerous calendars such as Holiday & Sickness and a Company Generic for reminder dates for important events.

• Tul Golan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a Microsoft Teams Application which allows the interaction and display within a Teams tab of the 'Office365 Groups' Calander

Suggestions for functionality could include

Tab: Show the Calendar and allow interaction for addition of events, etc
        Bot: Allow queries like 'Whats scheduled for next week'

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does a collaboration tool such as Teams no have a basic function of a calendar integrated? This is insane. We have to use multiple programs to schedule meetings and other events, but Teams is supposed to be the 'end all be all'? Give me a break! This is one of the main reasons Slack is so appealing! It's a stinkin' calendar!

• Lennis Carlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No sense of having a collaboration tool that is cumbersome to link "Specific" calendars to. It's at the root of collaboration to ensure that those with whom you would like to collaborate and share/delegate tasks with on a specific moment in time are NOT already committed for that day and time. The ONLY way to do that is to have available the specific calendar we would like to share with the members of our "Teams".

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base