How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

5,621 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brendan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

286 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that new Office 365 Groups generated as a result of creating a team in Microsoft Teams is no longer showing in Outlook by default, I can no longer go in and add the O365 Group calendar as a tab in Teams. The PowerShell script to allow this has to be run Team by Team. My Team users want to be able to show the Group calendar in a Teams tab, but they either have to submit a ticket to have the PowerShell script run, or create a Group and convert it to a Team, neither of which is helping drive adoption of Teams. Can the this item be given a higher priority, or can a PowerShell script be provided that allows us to change the default?

Feature ID: 26955 - Office 365 Groups created from Microsoft Teams will be hidden from Outlook by default

• Nickie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if when you create assignments it automatically adds to that Teams calendar as well!

• Nerida Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. For example, we have a shared calendar for Working From Home / Vacation. Would be great to have our Office team see that calendar in Teams and add their details. Please add this option!!

• Jami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote to get this developed and released ASAP. This is limiting adoption to Teams for us, and since it's my job to promote MS applications to business users, it's seriously dampening my ability to convince them to use it (as well as limiting my ability to prove it's effectiveness by using it with my own project teams). Agree with others, this is a key feature that should have been pulled in during early releases. When's the planned GoLive date?

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work on this quickly please now that it has been given the green light - it takes so much away from a working teams environment - should have been day 1 stuff really.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great, Thank you! We have managed the year with a pretty good workaround with embedding the group calendar, But we are really looking forward to this.

• Travis Houldcroft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The group/team dynamic for O365 is so convoluted and confusing. In searching for a team calendar work around I came across a suggestion to create a Sharepoint group with a group calendar, as the site said that this calendar is viewable on mobile (while the other teams workaround does NOT). Now I have 3 O365 entities for my staff, AND NONE OF THEM WORK CORRECTLY. This is a MAJOR issue, particularly because I work at a university and my staff are mostly student workers who do not have the patience to wade through all of the O365 issues, PLUS they do most of their calendar checking on their phones. I have resorted to posting PDFs of my own outlook desktop app calendar, but this calendar isn't dynamic and I don't have the time to repost a new calendar everytime there is a shift change!! Microsoft, you DESPERATELY need to fix this issue. The Teams app ALMOST streamlines this, adding a group calendar may finally make a usable tool.

• Rob Saddler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing this basic and fundamental feature has really damaged the reputation of Teams and makes it incredibly difficult to defend the product. The workaround is also flaky (problems in IE and Chrome) which doesn't help. Sure, this is technically challenging but it is clearly hurting adoption in large enterprises.

• Colin Stennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this wasn't one of the first functions enabled in the Teams implementation. Please add ASAP! It will be difficult to encourage our users to fully embrace the teams interface if they constantly have to keep switching back and forth between outlook just to access the fully featured group calendar.

• Hal Clive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help resolve a scenario I had a user refer to me this morning:

A recurring meeting was scheduled within a channel, but the organiser wanted to cancel some instances of this meeting in a month's time. Unfortunately, this went beyond the time currently available to view in the Meeting section, so she tried cancelling the occurrence it Outlook. As the meeting was in a channel, it was technically owned by the group rather than her, the organiser, so she couldn't cancel the meeting instance from her own calendar. While she ultimately could when I directed her to the group calendar, this was a very unintuitive user experience.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base