How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

2,111 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BrendanBrendan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  SuphatraAdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

So it turns out there are some several external dependencies that are hindering our plans for this feature. We are pulling it back into review so we can determine feasibility. Here’s to hoping we find a way to bring this to you — right now its very difficult. We are not taking this off the table though; we know this is an important feature, so we’re tracking the external dependencies to see where they land.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

109 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would echo the need for this. If Teams is going to be the landing and entry point to a number of "Team" functions. Exposing the Calendar is "Must Have" not a nice to have. If Teams is using the underlying Groups, I am not getting why this would be difficult to implement.. Thanks. Rich

• Ryan MarchantRyan Marchant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I don't understand why this is "very difficult". The Office 365 Group calendar is exposed via a REST endpoint using the Microsoft Graph. It should be very easy to show data and allow updating group calendar's. What am I missing?

• KassidyKassidy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, we just need some sort of calendar. While it would be nice, it doesn't need to be the Group calendar. This could be your Outlook calendar, a calendar parked on a SharePoint site, or a Team-specific calendar. To me, a native Team calendar would be the next best option if the Group calendar idea is too hard.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has to be a way... Are the blockers related to other ideas we can up-vote to 'grease the wheels'?

• AnneAnne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to add a calendar specific to the project or also show that a task is due on the calendar so we can add items such as deployments or business objectives, dates the team members are not available without having to create a Microsoft Office Outlook OWA calendar.

• Emily A.Emily A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this has already been stated, but would it be possible to somehow integrate the Outlook calendar with Teams? I don't see a monthly calendar option in Teams, and the Outlook calendar has features such as the scheduling assistant which are very helpful in seeing multiple people's calendars at once. As of now I only see an option in Teams to see one calendar and only for the current week. Thank you.

• Arnie OstrinArnie Ostrin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the Team Calendar for our service and support scheduling. Would be nice to see in Teams and on Mobile device

Please consider being able to filter the tab by channel so that only appointments assigned to a channel are listed.

Is it possible to integrate Teams with Outlook 2016, as you did with groups so we can work in one place.

• HeidiHeidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

REALLY need the calendaring to be added or available so we can make the switch from 3 applications to Teams for this kind of use management.

• ShollySholly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree. Please can you expose the Group calendar? This is a very important feature for our users.

• WilhelmWilhelm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a native calendar tab that can be shared would be handy, but perhaps a start would be to use a shared Microsoft Exchange (or 365) calendar and to simply serve it up in a Calendar tab?

• Courtney JohnsonCourtney Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an administrative assistant, it would be really handy to be able to see all of the calendars that have been shared with me within teams. That way when someone contacts me through Teams chat to schedule a meeting with my boss, I don't have to leave the Teams app to do so. Currently I still have to keep outlook open to view his calendar. I'd like to be able to see my calendar as well as his within Teams, and to be able to schedule a meeting on his behalf like I can currently within Outlook.

• Steve BallSteve Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't you just expose the Group Calendar? Having more than one calendar would also help

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base