How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

6,007 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brendan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

302 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren, can we get a mock up of how you think the calendar will look in Teams? Do you need testers or feedback on early mock-ups?

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be a game changer and put Microsoft out in front of everyone once it is functional. Everyone needs a calendar for each team they are a part of, with all the full set of features found in Outlook. Must link to my Outlook if someone in my team invites me to a meeting. While Microsoft is at it why not add all the functionality of Outlook tasks and hey why not let this integrate with Planner? Not sure when Microsoft said they would begin working on this but I truly needed this feature yesterday and the day before that and the day before that. Can I add I'm thankful Microsoft really does read these posts and listens to their customers! Hoping to see them win the communications war over Slack.

I would like a group calendar that is similar to the same layout as is shown in SharePoint. We would obviously need to track everything that could be included on a calendar like important dates, times, projects, PTO, business travel, etc.

• Nathan Alden, Sr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully they don't limit it to only the one group calendar from the underlying Office 365 Group. My team needs multiple calendars, one per channel, and there is currently no way to display a SharePoint calendar that doesn't require annoying SSO flows due to us being forced to use the Website app. We need to be able to use the SharePoint app to point to a calendar, not a Site Page, with no annoying authentication prompts.

• Christina R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the items that is preventing us from fully committing to using Teams as a department. The need for displaying a calendar (that already exists when the group is created) is critical to our needs as an organization.

• Paul Patenaude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for working on it - Waiting on this next BIG step - a couple more moves and Teams will be the new platform - covering all Group Functionality - THANKS - but pls hurry :-)

This is a hugely popular "wish list" item in my organization - especially since Teams aren't showing up as Groups (and you can't access the calendar via Groups) anymore.

• Dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to add a Shared Calendar also so Enterprise wide calendars like out off office/vacation calendars can be added as needed

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What functionality will be available for Guest users with this feature?

• Dave Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't suppose you could up the ante and sort out the issue with events in group calenders automatically appearing in all members calendars as well?
        Ideally we want the option to be able to set up events/meetings in the group calendar and choose whether they appear in individual members calendars or not. Even with the "Send a meeting invitation to group members" option unchecked the event still appears in members calendars.

Now that new Office 365 Groups generated as a result of creating a team in Microsoft Teams is no longer showing in Outlook by default, I can no longer go in and add the O365 Group calendar as a tab in Teams. The PowerShell script to allow this has to be run Team by Team. My Team users want to be able to show the Group calendar in a Teams tab, but they either have to submit a ticket to have the PowerShell script run, or create a Group and convert it to a Team, neither of which is helping drive adoption of Teams. Can the this item be given a higher priority, or can a PowerShell script be provided that allows us to change the default?

Feature ID: 26955 - Office 365 Groups created from Microsoft Teams will be hidden from Outlook by default

• Nickie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if when you create assignments it automatically adds to that Teams calendar as well!

• Nerida Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. For example, we have a shared calendar for Working From Home / Vacation. Would be great to have our Office team see that calendar in Teams and add their details. Please add this option!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base