How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

3,246 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brendan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

So it turns out there are some several external dependencies that are hindering our plans for this feature. We are pulling it back into review so we can determine feasibility. Here’s to hoping we find a way to bring this to you — right now its very difficult. We are not taking this off the table though; we know this is an important feature, so we’re tracking the external dependencies to see where they land.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

162 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeremy Bolduc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So need this to enable quick win comm challenges within the business. C'mon guys, prioritise please...

• Curt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the different groups at Microsoft start working together? This should have been discussed with the Exchange devs during the concept phase of Teams.

• Curt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is currently a deal breaker for us. No way can we convince people to use Teams if it doesn't have a shared calendar.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please advise when this will be available - its a basic collaboration item

• Blane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please push this enhancement, calendar view should be the most basic function on any collaboration tool.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is hard to believe that this is not a essential component of teams. Please update ASAP as to whether this is actually going to happen. Thanks!

• MTB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Suphatra Hello, can you please share whether we should hope for this integration eventually? Many thanks.

• Olof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Suphara, I would also like an update, it is very important for our organization!

• Marina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Suphatra: Could we get an update on this? I'm sure a lot of us here are very curious to know the current status. :)
        Like a lot of people mentioned already, the lack of a proper Team/Group/Outlook calender (tab) is holding our org back.

• Mika Berglund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While you're finding a way to do this properly, why not talk to the Outlook on the Web team and ask them to create a view of a calendar that is compact and does not include navigation elements that allows me to "navigate away" from the calendar. Just by specifying the path to the mailbox and calendar in the URL, you apply it to any calendar you have in Exchange.

And of course, this view needs to be viewable in a frame too. Then we could just add it to a channel using the Website tab application.

You can already add a calendar to a tab using the Website app, but the webview is the full view with all UI elements on it, and you pretty soon find yourself in a totally different view of another calendar.

This would be totally fine for many of our use cases.

• Mike Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like it should be basic functionality - you get a calendar with your Team, so why should you have to pull up a different app to easily use it? Hopefully this is getting some priority.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised this wasn't available as well, this would definitely make MS Teams a better tool!

• Jowl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My org does not want to use teams as there is no team calendar option available. They prefer to keep using O365 groups rather than teams due this basic functionality not being available.

• Florian Gachet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That could make us to use a Google Calendar instead ! ;-) Not the idea for Microsoft I presume... Really important feature, no joke !

• Vince Holloway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need a team calendar in Teams. It is the missing link for us. Should be a high development priority.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base