How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

2,948 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BrendanBrendan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  SuphatraAdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

So it turns out there are some several external dependencies that are hindering our plans for this feature. We are pulling it back into review so we can determine feasibility. Here’s to hoping we find a way to bring this to you — right now its very difficult. We are not taking this off the table though; we know this is an important feature, so we’re tracking the external dependencies to see where they land.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

145 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JowlJowl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My org does not want to use teams as there is no team calendar option available. They prefer to keep using O365 groups rather than teams due this basic functionality not being available.

• Florian GachetFlorian Gachet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That could make us to use a Google Calendar instead ! ;-) Not the idea for Microsoft I presume... Really important feature, no joke !

• Vince HollowayVince Holloway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need a team calendar in Teams. It is the missing link for us. Should be a high development priority.

• NatNat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update here since June? Lack of calendar is blocking Teams use within my customer orgs. as a basic and fundamental requirement to collaborate is a calendar.

• Paul MedemaPaul Medema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature... Would like to see it be able to work with a shared calendar from exchange for those of us using onsite exchange for email

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can have a shared calendar in a group, why is it not there in a team? This feature needs to be in the Teams so I hope you can get it rolled out soon.

• MaheshMahesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar is a must! If there are external dependencies with o365 group calendar give us an independent calendar that I can tag to teams!

• John McGowanJohn McGowan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely this is a basic tool for collaboration? I tried a workaround with adding a link to the Team calendar created by default in OWA, but is shows your personal calendar instead.

This needs to be a blank calendar, to which you can add milestones, vacations, and so on.

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Concur with multiple other comments; a shared calendar within a team is a fundamental tool and extremely inefficient to require setting up work-arounds in MS Outlook.

• LizLiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more with the comments. This seems like collaboration 101.

• Nick DuxfieldNick Duxfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really should be a feature. You create a Team, it goes out and creates a calendar, share-point teams site and much more. 3+ dis-separate things that cant work in an app for teams.

• fa Reyfa Rey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand completely and 100% that we are creating workarounds in the other thread related to this, but when I see a +50 line css script as part of it, I can't help but think that MS did not think through execution of teams for such a (basic) feature..?

• Stefan PopovicStefan Popovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to include any shared calendar as well. Sometimes there may be a calendar that is more relevant than the group calendar.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, this is a must-have. I was surprised when there wasn't already a "Calendar" tab created or available in the application.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base