How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Scalable UI (zoom feature)

It would be great to have the Teams desktop app UI to be manually scalable. The default scaling should be set based on the system settings for scaling, but the UI should be scalable independent of this.

(should I mention Slack allows zoom in/out with Ctrl+ + and Ctrl+- key combinations and Ctrl+0 restores default setting)

I find the desktop UI too small for my eyes. I do have scaling enabled on my Windows computer, and other apps and programs work well, but the Teams client bothers me being too small.

303 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lenard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminWarren (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Zooming is being worked upon and making some great progress. No specific timeline yet, but it is coming along nicely and I think you will be happy.

I’ll provide more updates as they become available.

Stay tuned. :)
    -Warren

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need to add capability to zoom in and out of board. It is hard to see all your tasks if you have more than a few buckets

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current zoom level makes it difficult to review the 'Board' view if you have multiple buckets. There needs to be a) ability to zoom out, b) ability to click and drag to scroll, c) less white space between buckets, and d) other color options with more contrast. Take a look at Trello - it does all of these much better, unfortunately I'm stuck on Teams at work.

• Peter Kestenholz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remember to allow for zoom level on mobile devices - especially IPAD and best case if possible from the SharePoint App as well

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has a terrible record for UIs, and it's not gotten better recently, so I wouldnt get my hopes up on them fixing this.

• Mikey Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance of seeing a preview of it in action? We've been hearing "it's almost done" (or even that it was already done) for over a year now.

• Bryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can somebody please tell me what you mean by double click to zoom out? Where do you double click? It's an Excel file that I'm "editing in Teams" (desktop app for Windows), size 12 font but for some reason it looks super zoomed in. Thank you!!!

I'd prefer to have zooming independent of font size - I don't need everything bigger, just the font in the chat

Zooming magnifies EVERYTHING...

Same issue here. Some team mmembers have different screens or better eyes. So what is readble for them is not readable for me.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your Mac's accessibility options include a zoom function that might be worth a look as a short term workaround

Plus one on Control+/- on desktop app being better than nothing. (This is already an option when using it online.)

The app version is extremely difficult to read. There should be accessibility features for vision impairment. Also, it's difficult to tell who is saying what because the name of the person writing is even smaller than the body copy.

The zoom ability would not meet my needs, especially since you can use the magnify feature on the computer itself. I need the font size to be customizable in order to make the words bigger without having to scroll left/righ, up/down in order to read the text.

Hi, my comment echoes Ms. Anonymous below. The solution CANNOT wind up needing scrolling left and right to read. I vote for her comment "Traditional "zoom" functionality does nothing for me. I don't need to see a few individual words bigger. I need all the words bigger."

From Warren's email, "Please let me know in the comments if the ability to zoom in as well as use the keys CTRL_- and CTRL_+ to zoom in and out, would me most of your needs."

I would still by far like to be able to set the font size as a customizeable app configuration, because I'm ALWAYS going to need size 14-18 text in Teams. Otherwise I'm always leaning in toward the screen. This is an accessibility issue, by the way, and my vision is far better than others' in the field that might be using Teams!

Control+/- would be an improvement over what we have now, certainly, assuming the zoom works like a browser: I should still be able to see all of the text available, and not have to scroll far left and right for text hanging off the screen.

Traditional "zoom" functionality does nothing for me. I don't need to see a few individual words bigger. I need all the words bigger.

• ah tiang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed that the Web version of Teams is crisp clear on the text. The App version has all the text blurry.

Ability to zoom in/out text in the Desktop and Mobile TEAMS apps like most of the other apps do, sometimes text is hard to read and needs to be enlarged and sometimes it makes scrolling through history faster with smaller text

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just allowing change of resolution on the App generally would be good, it's blurry compared to the browser version.

• Jetto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Within Teams on the Planner Page allow for Zooming of the planner. I.e. equivalent to Control + - or Control + + in a browser.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base