How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Scalable UI (zoom feature)

It would be great to have the Teams desktop app UI to be manually scalable. The default scaling should be set based on the system settings for scaling, but the UI should be scalable independent of this.

(should I mention Slack allows zoom in/out with Ctrl+ + and Ctrl+- key combinations and Ctrl+0 restores default setting)

I find the desktop UI too small for my eyes. I do have scaling enabled on my Windows computer, and other apps and programs work well, but the Teams client bothers me being too small.

352 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lenard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Comments are closed
    • Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue. When zoom is set to lower percentage, when I type in the textbox, the chat window scrolls downward through every keypress. When zoom is 100%, no scrolling messages when typing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

110% would be the sweet spot for me personally, but it jumps from 100% to 120%. Could you possibly add more granularity?

Yes! I observe the same issue.
      If the zoom is set to 85% weird movement happens.
      I even had the screen scrolling ever so slowly downwards a bit, at, a, time - only because the zoom setting. Change to 100% - all fine!

• Kyle Then commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ctrl and the + on the numpad doesn't work for me. The Ctrl and the - on the numpad does. If I use ctrl and the + = button next to backspace it does work to zoom. This is windows.

Just tested this and work on keys, however am I the only one wondering why Zoom in Teams isn't 2 finger pinch and zoom compatible on a SP4 running Win10?

• Renato Pereira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very nice feature!!!!!

But the scroll bar (horizontal) reduces the size also.... can it be more 'robust'??

• JZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Issue: Message box would shake [5-7mm] while actively typing out messages.

Occurrence: Only after zooming in/out of chat window.

• Jake Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The steps are too big -- 85% to 100% is a big jump.
      I personally would prefer more granular options around the 100% mark.

Perhaps 10% or 5% increments?

• LisaJo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tested the desktop app. "Ctrl -" works but "Ctrl +" does not. Freaked me out because now the text is microscopic as a resulting of testing it. BUT, I found that "Ctrl -> scroll button on my mouse" works in both directions: zoom in and zoom out. Whew! I thought I was going to have to get a magnifying glass! LOL!

You're almost there. Fix the "Cntrl +" please.

• victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
      I have the following version of the MS Team App on my Surface Pro but the zoom keys still do not have any impact when I am in an excel spreadsheet.
      You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.19257 (64-bit). It was last updated on 8/13/18.

I must be missing something else ?

• Paul McDonough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now the 11th of August and I'm still on the update released on the 31st July.... how long should i expect for the updates to land?

• lfronzoli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm fully up-to-date on Win 10, I'm in the early update nonsense, and I cannot zoom... super sad :(

• Jeromy Grimmett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren - Just tried the zoom feature, and it's not working that I can see/tell. I have confirmed I have the latest Teams client and it is up to date per "Check for updates", but still a no go.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
      Jeromy

• AdminWarren (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jane - being released to the public ring means the feature has released to the general public. It may take several days for the update to hit your particular computer.

I don't know the exact timing but my understanding is it can take up to a couple weeks for all computers to receive a new update.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base