How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,307 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David GROSPELIER shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working with company moving to Teams from HipChat, in fact this is the sole reason for the implementation. Would love to see help!

• Zoltán Lehóczky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now we've released a new version of our HipChat to Teams Migration Utility with which it now has a decent amount of features: https://github.com/Lombiq/HipChat-to-Microsoft-Teams-Migration-Utility/releases/tag/0.2.0-alpha Most of the remaining tasks are however issues we can't resolve because the Graph API lacks respective support: https://github.com/Lombiq/HipChat-to-Microsoft-Teams-Migration-Utility/issues So again it would be great if Microsoft could chime in Warren!

If you need assistance with the app you can open issues on GitHub or let me know: zoltan dot lehoczky curything lombiq dot com.

• Zoltán Lehóczky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We couldn't wait, so now we're releasing a free and open source utility to migrate from HipChat! Check out the blog post with the details: https://lombiq.com/blog/introducing-our-hipchat-to-microsoft-teams-migration-utility

It's not yet complete but nevertheless something you can already try. All feedback and contributions are warmly welcome!

Also, Microsoft, Warren! Why the tool doesn't do everything that we've already implemented is because the Teams API doesn't allow everything it needs. So you could help greatly by improving the API (and feel free to contribute to the app as well :)).

• Robert Downey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zero chance we can move to Teams while there is no ability to import data from Slack. We're ready and waiting. I'm sure many, many others are in this same situation.

• Esam El-Olemy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using Hipchat and considering Slack and MS Teams for a replacement. We need to take a decision by end of December to be able to implement during January 2019.

chat History and contents are critical.

Slack provides the migration path. MS Teams still no word on it.

Don't do it, I would not suggest moving from Slack. We just did and I am not happy with Teams and the phone app is not that good. its hard to tell if you are in a public chat or private

• Dean Gross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of my customers is very interested in this also. Can someone from MS provide an please provide an update (it has been 3 months since the last one)?

Admin any update on this feature. We have organizations that would like to migrate to Teams from Slack. Is there an ETA on when this feature is being planned to be worked on ?

Any update? This lack of capability within Teams is hindering our reason to move to 0365

• Tony Brookes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the life of me I cannot understand why the MSFT team have not jumped on this after the Atlassian Hipchat / Stride -> Slack announcement. You are missing out on a LOT of potential customers because you're dragging your heels on a feature you have FIVE PAGES of requests for.

Are you really so short of commercial awareness that you're going to let this sit here like this while group after group migrates to Slack when you could mop up a huge chunk of customers?) You're not the market leader here. The large corporate deaf ear approach is not going to help you gain market share if you don't listen to people who WANT to use your products...

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Atlassian HipChat will end in Feb. This import to Teams is sort of a priority for HipChat users who are being asked to move to Slack by Atlassian.

• Michael Knisely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are existing HipChat users as well as O365 E3 subscribers. Given Atlassian's decision to end HipChat, we are going to be making the move to either Teams or Slack.

Moving our existing history is a very large driver for us.

• Brian Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sad fact is that this feature has been requested and voted on for well over a year and all I see is it's "under review". Some one not only has dropped the ball but lost it entirely.

We are another customer that needs to migrate data from HipChat. Atlassian in making it very easy to migrate to Slack. If Microsoft want to win in this competitive space, you need to at least address this, rather than leave it under review. You have an opportunity to gain so many customers and market share and you're completely silent on this!!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base