How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Please remove your skype smiles

Please remove your skype smiles - they are really awfull. Just make them look like original emoji (like in slack) or at least like the ones in touch keyboard in Windows 10. Please, it really hurts my eyes. Do a survey on that or something - I'm sure nobody likes skype set of smiles.

57 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, the old smileys and emoticons are outdated and not cross-platform. They should stick to the Unicode Emoji standard.

• Frederic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also disagree, Skype emojis are actually good and more focused. But... standard emojis have become the norm.

• Austin Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For real, though, there are already a bunch of other emojis in Teams. I can't upload a screenshot in a comment, but typing ":a" will make a list of non-Skype emojis that start with 'a' to choose from. (*Thankfully*, though, something like ":d" will automatically be converted into a Skype emoji.)

At the very least, an option to turn Skype emojis off would be fantastic and would be helpful to those who dislike them (myself included, sorry MS) but would allow those who like them to keep them.

• Rhys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The standard emojis from iOS and Slack should be used everywhere, not all these 'knock-off' replications that just disappoint.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.