How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Code snippets

I would like code snippets with highlighting based on code language. And for snippets longer than X lines, a "show more" button (like slack)

3,044 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nils Ree shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

128 comments

Comments are closed
    • James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is going to be the reason a number of people on the team are not going to want to switch over. Being able to quickly share some code without having to add a note or something in the files section is going to be big since they already have that in Slack.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you post with ```triple backticks``` using the web hooks you get a fixed width font. So it looks like the guts of this are there already.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah highlighting definately is secondary

1) ``` noformat ``` blocks
      2) snippets for the big blocks
      3) colour.

I base color third as most of the time when im with the Dev's they always are looking at slack though jabber plugins or whatever and are viewing everything forced black and white anyways. Sales and everyone that will want pretty colors and stuff wont be sharing code

• Sean M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. I really like slack's feature of attaching snippets that are downloadable, copyable, etc. It displays the snippets very nicely.

• c b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ya.. highlighting is something to do later. First just need something like Slack's triple backtick to paste unformatted code. ``` or something like that.

• Adam P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even without syntax highlighting, I need the ability to paste fixed-formatted code/xml/json.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - this is an absolute must-have feature for our Slack users. We wouldn't consider migrating to Teams without it.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base