How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add Cortana

Imagine this chat conversation between two users:

Patrick : Sales is doing great now...
James : Yes but I wonder where we are growing?
Patrick: @Cortana Show me revenue by country in October 2016
Cortana: [Shows a graph with top selling countries with a link to the Power BI report]
James: @Cortana What product sells best in Sweden?
Cortana: [Answers with text] "Superduper Sport Shoe" has most revenue in Sweden for October 2016.

Now imagine adding in a bot that can answer questions about inventory or even a procurement bot...

287 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viktor Bergman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is still being worked upon.

I am still trying to get details on what we could expect for Cortana in Teams and will share examples once something is available.

-Warren

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bill Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you should review how to create a custom bot. There's no reason to create a "Cortana" bot - just write a Teams bot (which is really just a bot that uses the same framework as Cortana) - call it whatever you want, and give it the functionality that you want. In other words - "@BIBot, what product sells best in Sweden?", and the BIBot queries a database and responds with "Superdupr Sport show has the most revenue in Sweden for October 2016"

A long way of saying that the ability already exists to do this. See https://aka.ms/microsoftteamsbotsplatform

• Doug Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this added as a knowledge bot specific to my department's needs and expertise. A database of best match responses in Excel or Access would make this possible

• Arden Shackelford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome! I would think that there could be a tie in so that the bot uses the Q&A portion of a dashboard or report to be able to answer the questions. This would really help to be able to gather data that is only needed in the moment that's not part of a pre-existing report.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tie reminders from Cortana with Teams as well as tracking packages and connected services like CRM or LinkedIn?

• TG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Step 1: Show cool off AI at Ignite conference
    Step 2: Release new productivity and collaboration product that mimics slack in a lot of ways
    Step 3: Sideline cool AI that could separate Teams from Slack and Discord
    Step 4: Have users' first interaction with new latest product be with T-Bot, the window-licker of AI

Feedback and Knowledge Base