How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Create Team from existing SharePoint site, and other requests

#1 User Request on SharePoint:
Enable integration of Microsoft Teams to an existing SharePoint site rather than to always create a new site collection

There have been a few ideas raised on integrating lists, OneNote, document libraries, etc. from an existing SharePoint site with Microsoft Teams, but in summary, it will be best if we could create a team upon on existing site, so that the "Files" and "Notes" tabs would directly reference the existing document library and OneNote in SharePoint. It does not make sense to have two separate sites: one for all the usual SharePoint stuff, and another just for Microsoft Teams.

#2: Link to Existing SharePoint Sites

Trying to link my Team up to an existing SharePoint site - only seem to be able to link to individual folders rather than the whole document library, meaning that if i want all folders on the Team i need to create multiple tabs to get this. Would be good to link to a whole document library rather than one folder.

#3: Other Asks

Post Team chat to SP microfeed
Connect team sites onenote if available (replace default notes)
Add links to existing document libraries (replace default files)
Add links to existing lists
Add support for SharePoint taxonomy and managed metadata, SharePoint views etc :D

3,099 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Isaac Chua shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

283 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a solution as well...... A well established SharePoint site requires integration to a new MS Team space so that remote working and collaboration can be achieved thus saving time and money

• Monika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to link an existing SharePoint to MS Documents? We have a sharepoint with a lot of data uploaded that we want to link yo MS Docs - not start allover and migrate everything manually.

• Silvia Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW ABOUT AN ANSWER???? Why create this when WE are unable to integrate into another program created by Microsoft!

• Jeanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

backlogged since 2016 means it is NEVER going to happen! we will choose another service. ... "Anonymous commented · November 02, 2016 20:25 · Flag as inappropriate
    Connectivity to a sharepoint list or other application would be great. I know you can connect a channel to a sharepoint document library, but further applications do not seem to be supported."

• Jeanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are very basic features. If there is so much technical debt that the backlog is actually never addressed- could you guys at least be transparent about it so we move on...

• EVANDRO DONEL FOSTER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are waiting for this, to implement the Teams in an environment with more than 2 thousand users.

It does not make sense to have duplicate Sharepoint sites for every organization.

• Eric Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised that this function is still a backlogged request. The blog on Microsoft.com site shows this as an out of the box feature. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/skypehybridguy/2017/10/28/microsoft-teams-use-an-existing-sharepoint-library/

This will be a implementation barrier for a number of organizations due to the fact without it SharePoint list, files pages will have to be duplicated inside of MS-Teams

• Chris Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been a long standing SharePoint customer, and moved our internal infrastructure to SharePoint Online. We need a way to link new Teams to existing SharePoint Online sites so we do not duplicate storage and where files are kept. For an online Conne cted service, this seems like a substantial miss.

• AndrewP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature is already partly there. If you have a site collection created with a modern team site at the root, you have a link in the bottom left that allows you to create a Team based on the site. The feature is not available on modern subsites of the root. Perhaps this is in development, perhaps not - as Microsoft is recommending one site per site collection.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolute rubbish this is still in the backlog, such a fundamental integration requirement within any organisation already using SharePoint.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi just to clarify if I understand the 2nd request, so basically I have a sharepoint site, and MS Teams that is not entirely connected, we want to store the files being uploaded in teams the my sharepoint site right?

• Unsatisfied commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this not be available withing the Microsoft Platform, how hard can this be?

the moment you create a teams group you only need to be able to OR: add an existing sharepointsite, OR create a new one. Everyone who uses teams and sharepoint figures this is problem in the first 5 minutes of using teams. And they still haven't figured it out or done anything about it after months and months? Outrageous

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still a problem? How did Microsoft launch these apps without realising there will be instances when Teams & SharePoint need to be able to link?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.