Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

joe brockhaus (rax)joe brockhaus (rax) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TrevorTrevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it roll upward to give a wider "tab" bar and full width of the screen for content within. At the moment it is almost impossible to use unless you have eyefinity or a super wide monitor :-(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that in 2017 we are still discussing things like personalized window sizing and fonts in a desktop app! Way to go MicroShaft!

• Mark1872Mark1872 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another example of unfinished product that rushed to market. Microsoft is now pushing out half-baked products that look nice but have many and major deficiencies. Especially frustrating that since it is copy of the Slack, why not do it right?
        In the client app the pane that displays list for Teams cannot be collapsed. This rubs real estate for anything other than chat.

• Emmanuel LANDAISEmmanuel LANDAIS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to reduce or to extend the size of the channel window ?

Because when you integrate website on tab, you loose visibility, if channel is not reduce.

Thanks by advance !

• Joseph RogersJoseph Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the left-hand chat panel to be minimised in some way to allow for more screen space within the application.

Please also shrink the font size and fade the color of the left panel content. Like pretty much everything... see how Slack does it. The side panel needs to be available and easily accessible, but unobtrusive. The current implementation by having the same font size as the main chat pane makes it visually cluttered and competes with the primary content stream

• Emiliano DiezEmiliano Diez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely necessary for working on a laptop and using a document on the right side.
        I integrate Excels in Tabs and the space is needed!!!

• Ewin HongEwin Hong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

collapsing the left navigation would be great. Also allowing the panel to be resized allow users to be fully immersed into the conversation while setting a user preference of the side panel

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While there are posts here saying the chat window should be smaller, equally when you post information into it, larger might be better too. There should be a resize bar like in Skype to permit users to set the size to the width they like.

I agree that a pop-out option is the way to go. There when you need it, out of the way when you don't, with less clicking. The width of the thing is maddening

A pop-out option might be better. Being able to pop the tab out from the main Teams window into it's own window for viewing would be very nice. Especially when viewing things like excel docs or Power BI dashboards.

• Robert BeckerRobert Becker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree--especially with the Planner and Spreadsheet functions, it is annoying to need to scroll even more.

Would be nice to be able to toggle (show/hide) the sidebar so that tabs can be viewed at full width.

• ZaneZane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Let us resize it too. When working on a spreadsheet it takes up more space than I would prefer.

• ZaneZane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the left bar to be resized. When viewing a spreadsheet it would be nice to have more space.

Allow the left side bar to be minimized, possibly.

Agreed. It is huge and our 'Tabs' are limited in functionality because of it.

Either change the size of the left navigation, or, allow the ability to collapse the navigation.

• Praveen.KPraveen.K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Hide / Show button / burger icon to the panel where it holds Favorites, teams, channels....

Most of the times, we will be working on the right handside after selecting channel / teams.

Please provide the option to keep the sliding Activity/Chat/Teams/Meetings/Files pane/blade open at all times.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base