Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

joe brockhaus (rax) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Hi everyone, thank you for this feedback!

The engineering team that develops the left rail is considering this feature request. They are in data gathering mode and they came to me seeing if you might be interesting in providing some feedback on the left rail for your Teams client.

Particularly, they are interested in seeing screenshots of your left rail to see how you’re using it, as well as your own observations about how you’re using it and any limitations/opportunities you see with the left rail.

If you send a screenshot, please also include this info:

1. Number of employees at your company
    2. Number of teams that you are actively participating in
    3. Number of channels that you actively monitor
    4. Largest team or channel that you think you need
    5. Your #1 top feature request for teams and channels

Just send this info to me via email at sparavi @ Microsoft (dot) com. If you could send me your response by Tuesday, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much, and enjoy your weekend,

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shane Wu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it collapsible. Sometimes we need/want the extra space (example, Power BI report).

• Shawn Cicoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Side bar is so overloaded, especially in orgs that have way too many teams. Humans realistically work in one major team, then handful at best. Yet some orgs are using teams as the new sharepoint.

This makes the left team nav overloaded and uselessly complex. I have to say Slack handles this better from the visual standpoint.

Plus make whitespace useful. The fonts and spacing just makes readability hard. The Lato font is very readable in this context. Noto is another good choice.

• Dave Gilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I'd like is the ability to make voice calls less prominent. When initiating a voice call, the Voice pane takes over and leaves little to no room for anything else. Chatting with others while on a voice call is a useful thing, but the current UI makes it very difficult.

Once I figured out how to have both Chat and Voice panes, the Voice panes is still the one using most of the available space. It seems counter-intuitive to me: I interact very little with the Voice pane (except when it's time to hang up) but I chat a lot while on the talking (to send visual cues of what is being discussed).

Can we make the Chat pane bigger than the Voice pane, or better yet, let users resize them using a resize-handle between them?

• Krissie Windsor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to collapse the channels sidebar. Also, the left hand bar (Activity/chat/teams/meetings/files).. it would be great if we could add shortcuts to channels that we commonly use and need to monitor closely.

Navigating from "Chat" back to a channel is cumbersome.
        if a message is posted to ANY channel while I am engaged in a private Chat the "Teams" icon lights up but doesn't really provide me with much information (ie/ which channel the notification came from). I have many channels that are from JIRA feeds (etc) that would cause this "teams" Icon to light up.

I work for a company with thousands of employees, I am in 6+ teams and am currently piloting out teams for my organization.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, tried to send a screen shot, but I cannot paste it here. Basically some of my channel names are being truncated and I would like to be able to widen or narrow that area.

• Ryan W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great way to collapse the side bar is to maximize the screen you are in by using the arrows in the upper right of the window.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is not my primary focus most of the time, but I want it to be visible alongside my "real work". Ask the team to work as I wish to, with Teams in a 1/4 screen window (800x600 pixels). They will soon see the need to add options to make the UI elements a lot more compact.

• Trevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it roll upward to give a wider "tab" bar and full width of the screen for content within. At the moment it is almost impossible to use unless you have eyefinity or a super wide monitor :-(

I can't believe that in 2017 we are still discussing things like personalized window sizing and fonts in a desktop app! Way to go MicroShaft!

• Mark1872 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another example of unfinished product that rushed to market. Microsoft is now pushing out half-baked products that look nice but have many and major deficiencies. Especially frustrating that since it is copy of the Slack, why not do it right?
        In the client app the pane that displays list for Teams cannot be collapsed. This rubs real estate for anything other than chat.

• Emmanuel LANDAIS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to reduce or to extend the size of the channel window ?

Because when you integrate website on tab, you loose visibility, if channel is not reduce.

Thanks by advance !

• Joseph Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the left-hand chat panel to be minimised in some way to allow for more screen space within the application.

Please also shrink the font size and fade the color of the left panel content. Like pretty much everything... see how Slack does it. The side panel needs to be available and easily accessible, but unobtrusive. The current implementation by having the same font size as the main chat pane makes it visually cluttered and competes with the primary content stream

• Emiliano Diez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely necessary for working on a laptop and using a document on the right side.
        I integrate Excels in Tabs and the space is needed!!!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base