(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

joe brockhaus (rax) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

127 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Norma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Teams-Team,
        would you be so kind to comment the decline of this request?
        4 months later and the issue is still existant.
        thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Collapsible panes are a pretty standard UX design feature. I would love to see it available in TEAMS.

• Tessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest deterrent from using MS Teams. If not able to close it, then as Tate suggest, at least adjusted. 895 users requesting this are only the ones who HAVE to use it as a business mandate and bother to poke you for a fix.

• Tate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least let the sidebar be adjusted. It takes up too much space when viewing Power BI reports or other pinned apps in channel tabs.

Declined with no comment? This is a feature asked for constantly by my colleagues.

• Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why after three years has this still not been made collapsible?? It takes up a 3rd of the screen, what a waste! Please fix this!

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make the app have a minimal view as not all of us have 3 monitors to dedicate a single one to teams. Look at CISCO jabber we need a view like that.

I want the second window (for example, the list of teams) to be either resizable or collapsable. We have a few teams and it should be only taking up half the space it does. Have to scroll on a simple spreadsheet.

• Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you at least please tell everyone why you won't make the left navigation pane collapsible?

Now, three years later, maybe this time it is worth think about make the channel pane collapsable.

• J. Pilgrim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's hard to believe that this request was declined. The huge, immovable nav panel makes viewing web pages and files so inconvenient (all that horizontal scrolling). It forces content in many app tabs to appear way too small on certain screens. I am beyond frustrated that this was declined a) at all & b) w/out explanation.

I am voting to make the left navigation collapsible.
        As others have said, it uses a lot of real estate at all times, when it is useful only a small part of the time.
        I have a display which is tall and narrow, so I am constantly having to use the scrollbar to get over to the actual message.
        Please reconsider this change.

• Artur Khsiamov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

declined simple but important change with no justification?... the way MS Teams treats feedback is quite disappointing.

This seems like an obvious one?? Its a nightmare when you have made use of a website tab and have to keep using the scroll bar to move left and right.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base