Allow syncing of team files with OneDrive Sync Client
I have an Office 365 Group Created and syncing with OneDrive Sync Client. I added team features to the group. When I create a new channel in my team, a new folder is created in the group files. However, this folder is locked (and shows lock in the sync icon) so I don't have permission to work with any synced files.
This item is still in the queue. I’m still awaiting more feedback and hope to have more details to share soon.
We need a button in the desktop client to sync Teams files !
Sync is working but you have to go to SharePoint to enable it, it should be super easy within Teams !
David McKnight commented
It seems counter intuitive, but I was able to sync files:
1) I created the Team, and loaded some files into the General channel.
2) Creating the Team, created an Office 365 Group of the same name.
3) I jumped over to the Outlook Web App, and opened the Group. From within the Group, I selected the "Files" tab. I see the files I loaded into the General channel.
4) I can now either select the "Site" tab from within the Group, and that jumps me over to SharePoint, where I can view the files and select "Sync."
5) Or still from within the Group, and in the "Files" tab, I can select "Browse Library," which does exactly the same thing as selecting the "Site" tab, jumping me over to SharePoint, where I can view the files and select "Sync."
I don't know what is causing the group files folder appear to be locked for @BenStegink. I'm an admin, so that may be why it's not an issue for me.
Ben Stegink commented
Looks like I'm seeing the same thing Steve, if I created the folders from outside Teams and then created a corresponding channel it works, but if I create the channel and then try to sync the folder created by the channel it was broken. Another note, I'm running macOS X as well.
Steve Malloy commented
Note - I have it working on one of my teams. The difference in how I used them (if it happens to be related to what worked and didn't work) is that in the one that worked, I created folders and files OUTSIDE of the MT client first.
Steve Malloy commented
It seems like the syncing feature is there, but not working at the moment (bug, outage, compatibility issue w/ different OneDrive client versions, etc.).