How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support hashtags in channels and DMs

Allow clickable links on #hashtagged items ... in a channel or group, perform a search within that group.

For DMs and conversations, search all of your conversations

3,747 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean McHugh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

202 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Neil Bergman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add the ability to add hashtag tags to conversations in Teams to make the conversations searchable by the hashtag. It would add an incredible amount of usability to Teams.

• HH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like such a basic feature. I'm a little curious about how a product can be launched without the most basic of features. With no updates on availability over an extended period of time. Lack of hashtag functionality is preventing me from adopting for my organization.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need clickable hashtags. Also support the idea of a tag cloud with the most frequently used tags. Please can we have an update?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add #hashtag flagged comments in a group to flow to perform actions such as send e-mail or add to a SharePoint list would begreat

This is holding us back from Teams adoption. For example, anything flagged for consideration in our next years IT budget in Yammer simply needs a #Budget 2020 added to it. It is then childs play come October/November to review all of the items we've thought of throughout the year across various conversations. It's a small feature, but one we find hugely useful. Quite frankly I'm baffled that it's not included in Teams as a matter of course.

• John VanGundy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now we have a mitigation plan for our corporation (10k people using this workflow) to connect yammer into teams. It has it's drawbacks so I eagerly anticipate seeing this functionality in teams, as it will reduce the need to join several teams in order to collaborate with other teams.

No admin updates in nearly 9 months for this "feature"? It's a bit mystifying that this was not included as a requirement from the onset and then coupled with the fact that there is no movement whatsoever reported is pretty frustrating. Our org is trying to take teams seriously but not having an easy way to refer back to conversations makes it difficult. PS, it has been over two years since this was first suggested!

• André commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hashtags in conversations are a must to tag conversations to a specific topic. Afterwards we need an option to show all messages with a specific hashtag.

A tag cloud with the most used hastags per team or per channel would be additionally a good idea!

• mikejenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just explaining to my orgainations that Teams is the way to go, rather than using Yammer, as we have been told Yammer is on its way out. So a bit awkward to discover the feature which I had assumed supported isn't there.
    So Teams is hardly a Microsoft response to Slack, Symphony and other popular and vital collaboration tools.

Hashtags should be a standard concept across platforms. This is so usefull for data sharing and ideas and knowledge across teammembers. For instance: You come across a project or article on a website, you should be able to post it to a channel by adding the different tags matching the topics. Now we use a channel for every topic, but the list of channels is getting to long and most of the projects match multiple channels.

Want to use a Teams for news and interesting facts sharing, tags would be great and preferred over different channels for different topics (as then the endless discussion to which channel/topic a certain item belongs happens)

Search needs to be easier, not only chat, but finding documents. I am on 9 Teams. Hard to remember where and would like to search within documents in Teams (versus File Explorer/SharePoint)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.