How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support hashtags in channels and DMs

Allow clickable links on #hashtagged items ... in a channel or group, perform a search within that group.

For DMs and conversations, search all of your conversations

3,163 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean McHugh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

168 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The chat and meeting window pop out is more important, but this is needed is MS Teams conversations wants to compete with SalesForce another platforms

• SjoerdV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! 2.5 years later... and it's still needed. Including the ability to 'follow' tags so you can get notifications in the Activity Feed

• Ullrich Jans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. We're evaluating Teams for Enterprise use here but having a persistent chat without being able to search for tagged information is kinda pointless.

• Marco Renda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At this point in time, the only explanation for Microsoft not having implemented the #hashtags yet is that Microsoft actually uses Slack internally.

How else would you explain such unforgivable missing feature?

• Tom G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was absurd when Teams launched without this feature. At this point it's just unforgivable that it's not there.

• Josh Luedeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this come off the backlog. With larger teams, or noisy teams, having the ability to search for "alert" statements without having people just tag the channel and over notify, is very nice for categorizing posts on a certain subject. Especially subjects that aren't time sensitive but need to have posts gathered later on an as needed basis.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

slack is killing teams right now because of these types of features. we recently went enterprise with teams and we are seeing huge gaps in capturing and following topics. it all just becomes noise unless we get features like this asap. #majorpain

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren Can we please get this done now... this was started in 2016. Teams can easily be used to find content in messaging, links etc.

• Steven Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get why Skype doesn't have a tagging mechanism because the conversations are transient.
        This isn't Skype! Please add a tagging mechanism! And I like Barry's comment below, make the tagging a team effort, not dependent on the original author.

• Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow any user to hashtag any other entry for ease of search, i.e. #DevMtg, #QA, #Production, etc. This should apply to any DM or any chat entry, whether the entry/message belongs to said user or not. Asking someone else (while in the channel) to tag their last entry with #topic is clunky. This would allow for better idea gathering and discussion dynamics ahead of or within meetings.

• Keith McCammon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a way to follow hashtags as on social media and essentially have a "virtual channel" defined by the hashtag. Setting up channels manually is far too clunky and does not scale. Please catch up to the hashtags concept which has been around since at least 2007.

• Nick Powers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this on the roadmap immediately or I will be switching to Slack. Ridiculous this is not included.

• Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#Tag or Catagory features will help us to manage our posting better. Later I hope we can also extract conversations by channels and tags/category.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base