How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support hashtags in channels and DMs

Allow clickable links on #hashtagged items ... in a channel or group, perform a search within that group.

For DMs and conversations, search all of your conversations

3,463 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean McHugh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to use a Teams for news and interesting facts sharing, tags would be great and preferred over different channels for different topics (as then the endless discussion to which channel/topic a certain item belongs happens)

Search needs to be easier, not only chat, but finding documents. I am on 9 Teams. Hard to remember where and would like to search within documents in Teams (versus File Explorer/SharePoint)

I have the need in my company as well. I need this feature to find informations in an endless chat.

• Nicholas Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New to teams, assumed this would be an obvious feature already in place. Having to make use of workarounds via the search bar. Was expecting to make use of a lot of tagging and quick searching as people placed material across various channels.

This would be very helpful. The search capabilities are OK within Teams, but clickable tags would help cut to the chase.

Need the ability to import tags and pick from tags from a json file / restful api

• Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The chat and meeting window pop out is more important, but this is needed is MS Teams conversations wants to compete with SalesForce another platforms

• SjoerdV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! 2.5 years later... and it's still needed. Including the ability to 'follow' tags so you can get notifications in the Activity Feed

• Ullrich Jans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. We're evaluating Teams for Enterprise use here but having a persistent chat without being able to search for tagged information is kinda pointless.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base