How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support hashtags in channels and DMs

Allow clickable links on #hashtagged items ... in a channel or group, perform a search within that group.

For DMs and conversations, search all of your conversations

2,405 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean McHugh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

126 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ColmC.ie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking that hashtags could be used to retrieve conversations, chats and replies via search within Teams. ideally there would be some auto-suggestion so that there is some standardisation between the tags used by end-users.

Not sure about how the "clickable" tags feature would work .
        Are people suggesting that when I click a hashtag in the conversation pane that the pane immediately to the left is populated with all posts that include the hashtag? That could be nice to have.

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tagging is a practice used in many competing tools. As we have staff trying MS Teams, this question ("How is tagging supported?") is frequently asked.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been on the backlog since November 2016 so I guess MS don't consider this request to be very important. I am now unfortunately having to use this product, rather than a mature product such as Slack

• Tammy Schwark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As with the others - this would be great! For now I'm adding hashtags for certain conversations, etc. - for when this becomes available! Can't click on a hashtag but for now can at least search on it....for example I do tips for the users - they can search on #TeamsTip

Hashtags or any form of tag to see a thread/project/idea viewed in aggregate, no matter which channel it was posted in. Ideas don't naturally stick in one channel especially across design/marketing/large projects

• MikaelJones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope to see this soon also together with a functionality to have some kind of "view" that can aggregate posts per hashtag.

• Marco Littges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Warren, my team has a high interest in being able to tag topics via #-tag within Teams. It would be great, if you could move this feature request from idea backlog to "in progress"! ;-)

Many thanks,
        /Marco

• Jann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need #Hashtags!!! Hashtags in channel is important for all the reasons its used in mainstream domain. Most pepople are used to it and its a natural extension of how we live extended to how we work.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need hashtags in Teams to directly reference contacts and accounts in MS Dynamics

• Marco Renda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clickable #hash-tagging, as in Twitter, is a core usability feature that reduces complexity by miles. We create channels for different topics but there are topics that don't need specific channels and, instead, may be referenced in multiple channels.
        An example might be channels about meal courses, as starter channel, main course channel, etc. If we use clickable #hash-tags, we can click on #vegetarian and find all the messages related to this topic, which can be in any of the channels, instead of creating a specific channel for vegetarian.
        If Twitter did it, how hard it can be for Microsoft?

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is in a situation where we are trying to link specific tasks in planner to conversations in teams. We want to be able to assign a hashtag to a task and tag every conversation with that hashtag for easy searchability of all conversations pertaining to that task. As far as a feature that increases your products indexability and ability to archive, this is a must.

Hashtags in channel is important for all the reasons its used in mainstream domain. Most pepople are used to it and its a natural extension of how we live extended to how we work.
        Case in point: I was in a team meeting with more than 20 members, we had loads of discussion and I was wondering how hashtags will be handy. But when I thought about all the existing platforms we already use to communicate perhaps better to integrate it into channels. Now I know that other people are talking about it.

Please make hashtag available in teams so we can start using it professionally.

• Dennis-Oresund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All mesages in EU containing personal data needs to be easily identified.
        Hash-tagging is one way.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No missing hashtags as those are not so effective for content structuring in an Office 365 world where groups/team and channels are mostly private. Yammer topics also have seen mixed success. Instead, can we the ability to create tags and define at what level they apply (tenant, single team, single channel)? Further, icing on the cake if we could build a tag hierarchy (parent/child) like in Evernote.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base