How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Collapse/expand conversations (hide/show replies)

Users are asking for a few different things:

1. Collapse/expend all button -- single click to collapse or expand all threads
2. Admin setting for collapse/expand
3. Button to re-collapse a thread once its been expanded (right now you have to navigate to another channel in order for the thread to re-collapse)

Please add more granular requests in the thread below.

452 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Carlos Carvallo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

73 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fahim Kanji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The collapse/expand feature should be configurable in settings to include a number of last messages that should be visible when collapsed (that way you can still trail the conversation and contribute)
    Collapse to show the last 5 messages ... make sense???
    what do you guys think!?

• Ligaya Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! please add this feature!! Would certainly clear up the clutter after reading replies if we could have a hide/show button.

• Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love threading. Please add an ability to collapse all threads in a channel.

Then when you click on recent or notifications, have it go right to end of that thread and expand last couple replies.

• Marius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Henning. You really have to take a look at how flowdock handles conversations.... When conversations are collapsing and jumping up and down you almost get sea sick.... Also the different with of the conversations makes the channel look untidy.

• Henning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes finding older messages unnecessarily time consuming.
    The entire flow setup needs a total overhaul IMO. Look at how flowdock handles it, much nicer from both UX and UI perspective

• Israel V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am missing many messages quite often because the channels are collapsed in the desktop app and there's no notification that new things have arrived in those collapsed channels.

• Josh LaSpina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would greatly help with managing and searching conversations amongst your team, as well as reduce some dependance on email.

• Jeffrey Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add that they should be separate options.

We have 6 channels, but we can only see 3 at a time. On a desktop app this seems silly.

I should be able to see 10 if they fit on my screen. Right now I have to keep expanding the "3 more channels" to see if there is anything new.

All that white space is being wasted anyway, why collapse when there is plenty of space?

• Tommy Holden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add an option to disable collapsing channels & converations!!! it's totally annoying to have to expand everything any time i want to view a channel or conversation

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base