How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow drag and drop from Outlook directly to Teams

Dragging and dropping attachments directly from the e-mail window without having to first drag them onto the desktop (for instance) and them from there dragging them to the files tab in Teams would make many lives so much easier.

There are a few suggestions to enable drag and dropping, but it seems that it is already working, at least with the desktop client, but making that work directly from an e-mail window would be very nice.

2,840 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mika Berglund shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

216 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent idea - in fact it should be possible to work in drag&drop fashion with everything.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not a thing yet? I can drag to the desktop, then drag to teams... why do I have to drag it to my desktop at all..... Why is there no update from MS on this... last reply was July 6, 2018?

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just tasked myself with looking at teams because you still can't drag&drop or move emails into an Office 365 group conversation in Outlook desktop. You can on the web but my clients are still wed 100% to the desktop app. Doesn't look like Teams is much better :-(

• Monique Verheijen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I donnot really want a drag and drop feature to be created, but the option to have in Outlook a save as option, that makes it possible to save an Outlook attachment into a Team (or SP) site.

Currently the only option is saving into OneDrive and than move the file. Too much extra steps if you just want to save an attachment in Teams.

• Michael Brittenham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see a current update on this. The ability to drag an attachment or copy paste a file seems like an obvious feature and is a major annoyance.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? We are doing an organisation wide implementation and I see this being a cause of frustration for a lot of employees.

• Pam K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While we are waiting for the drag and drop feature to be created, could there be a feature using Save As that allows us to save an Outlook attachment (i.e. file, pic) into a specific subfolder of a Team directory? Right now I have to upload into the Teams directory, go into the OneDrive interface on Office 365 and move the file into the subfolder it needs to be in. This adds 4 additional steps to saving a file someone has sent me.

• Guy Mounier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so inefficient to upload a file in SharePoint then add a link to Planner in Teams. Are we stuck in the 90's?

• JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add about 50 votes to this for all of my clients that are constantly asking for a status on this request.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just downloaded teams, set up a channel, and first thing i tried to do was drag and drop an email to share with the team but i cannot. why is this not an option?

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

top priority. having to drag to desktop then into teams is frustrating. many people on the team lost confidence in the tool as soon as they experienced the issue -and started complaining about the tool and how amazing the competition is, etc etc.

• Alexej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dragging and dropping into a Planner Task over Teams would be nice.

- Alexej

• James Michael Calderone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drag and drop for sure, but also a simple available to all way to Save As to a team. The idea is the same.. We want to drive a new way of working, and getting files into a team so they can be managed there is way too problematic. We have workarounds though in 2016 this is no longer working (Save As / point to your team via URL).. Navigating to the team should be simple, and it should work, as should drag and drop. (note: we are at E1, 2013 migrating to 2016, and hopefully E3)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base