How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Multi-window for chats and more

I want to have separate top-level windows for each person I'm chatting with, rather than tabs.

8,185 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeffrey Tippet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

870 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable a pop out window to chat and still see the full screen of the meeting.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At a minimum be able to in-dock meetings so you can work on other windows / tabs in teams on one screen while still maintaining the full meeting on another screen.

• Anita Ovaska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hei! I want to give a shout out to this feature. We are using Chat Rooms extensively in an operational context. We need to see the different chat rooms at the same time. Hopefully, this feature copies to Teams soon!

• Jozef G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support multiwindow chat and also documents opened via Teams should open in a new window. As I'm working with many people and clicking in one window is really not something that increase productivity.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 need multi monitors support in teams to detach the video window and move it to a separate monitor. When we can expect this feature in Teams ?

• Mike O'Neill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was in a meeting today and couldn't chat with others. Need multi-windows. This single view feels like a step backwards in today's applications.

• ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a must have. right now we have to open files, documents etc in Office 365 to have different tabs. We should be able to have two Excel-dokuments and a chat open in Teams at the same time, for example.

+1 - same goes for having video calls. I want to have the video window detached from the client, so I can use the client while calling and have long term sessions

• ms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so annoying - when will we have the basic function of opening multiple windows for multiple chats??

Maybe microsoft people aren't well liked and never have to talk to more than one person at a time. :\

• Craig Chandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I attend meetings and need to see the screen sharing content at the same time I am chatting with teammates -- I need to multi task without minimizing the screen...

• Donovan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to how we can do it now in SfB calls - especially when you are using two screens. We can pop the video out on to one screen and the presentation/screen sharing on to the other screen

• Jon Vassar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This may be the one missing feature for our PC driven, dual screen meeting rooms that is keeping us on Skype for Business.

Trying to reinvent the wheel for... nth time? Any chance that this ULTRA-ADVANCED function (known for as long as online messengers exist) will be available in Teams before the year 2020 arrives?

If I'm working on a file in teams, and then want to send a message, I don't want to have to get out of my file, go to chat and then go back to my file. I should be able to have multiple windows open (and spread them across my screen), dedicating one to chat's and the other to working on my relevant files.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.