How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Multi-window for chats and more

I want to have separate top-level windows for each person I'm chatting with, rather than tabs.

6,997 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeffrey Tippet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

It has been three months since the last update, so checking in here to let you know this is still being actively worked on. I really appreciate your patience as we work on this.

I hope you’re all enjoying the holidays, and have a very Happy New Year!

Thanks,
Suphatra

722 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Window chat is sorely needed in Teams. I don't understand a Windows application that does not have windows.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm adding my vote for a speedy resolution. This is a HUGE impact to our organization. Separate windows is how we manage different chats. Right now I have to search through different tabs, arggggg!

• Mike Shelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams does have some useful features but the idea of cramming everything into a single window and having to switch between conversations--especially doing a combination of groups (on the Teams tab) and chats (on the Chat tab) is--is *very* detrimental to communications. PLEASE return to the format used for Lync and Skype where there is one window with all your lists (groups, people, etc.) and separate windows for each conversation.

• Chad Kendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's agreed, everyone misses this seemingly simple functionality lol

How was this feature, dropped in the development/upgrade from Skype?

• Paul Dexter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the latest update from over 6 months ago!!! This is such a massively requested requested and such a put-off for so many people using the product. Constant back and forth between teams and chats is such a waste of time. Come on MS, let's get this one sorted :)

• James Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft! Where is this feature? Having to switch between Chat and Teams tabs all the time is very slow! I would like to be able to split my Chat and Teams tabs over different monitors on my workstation.

• Brett Bowman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Microsoft is now forcing us to switch from Skype for Business to Teams, this is an extremely needed feature!

• Kerdic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is forcing us from skype to teams. I really don't want to switch because teams doesn't have multi-window chat. Please bump the priority on this for those of us that can no longer use skype.

• Scott Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is still a required feature for our group as well. The user adoption is slow due to this very important UI restraint.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Top feature!!! I'm getting inadvertent IM's at work because the chat windows of who your talking to are not distinct enough without this feature.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would have to be one of the top features that would encourage greater use of Teams in my organisation. Various Microsoft apps, whether running on Windows or macOS, all offer a multi-window environment. Teams needs to be more flexible and allow you to separate functions into different spaces if it is to be more productive. The same goes for Teams on more mobile devices such as iPad Pro and Surface, rather than just the desktop.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see now that Suphatra no longer works at Microsoft, it would be nice if any mod or dev could comment.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently in 4 separate teams and need to be able to have separate windows for each team open at the same time. Any timeline for when the feature may appear?

• Polina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please make a multi-window interface for teams? It would be great to be able to open different groups, files and tabs in separate windows.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37

Feedback and Knowledge Base