How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Multi-window for chats and more

I want to have separate top-level windows for each person I'm chatting with, rather than tabs.

3,368 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeffrey Tippet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

405 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to conduct multiple chats (sub conversations) while sharing screens.

• Ashley Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our whole company moved from Skype to Teams chat and we desperately miss our ability to pop chats out and use different windows. Please add this soon!

• Nikos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

split chat is VITAL - please bring it back also to windows 7 users.
        i am usually speaking with 20-30 people at the same time for work.
        its impossible to work with the single interface - it is too annoying and creates mistakes.
        please bring this feature back.
        today my classic skype stopped working too - why microsoft, why?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to pop out the chat so that we can chat to co-workers and keep working at the same time

• MrMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 @ sean

I really hope this does not become planned after 2 years like compact mode. It is the last thread of hope I have for teams, if this goes, nail goes into coffin for my business. It is something that I have tried for 5 years to get slack to do...so its possible its something Microsoft can boast about. What walk and chew gum...slack cannot do that.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"It has been three months since the last update, so checking in here to let you know this is still being actively worked on."

Forgive us, but this is what was said about Compact Mode. And Linux support. And many other features. We need to see evidence of progress.

• Bruno Mesquita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on!!!!! The functionality exist in the previous version, please copy and past!!! Terrible update without separate chats.

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely looking forward to this feature. Especially if it lets us keep chat active while working within tabs (or even multiple tabs too!)

• Jonathan Haase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More Specifically... What I'd like to see is full feature parity with Skype for Business here. For example in Skype for Business, In one video conference session using two monitors I can have one full screen window with the video feed from conference, and a second full screen window with the shared desktop from the "presenter". That's currently not possible with Teams.

• Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, the priority is to have a separate window for Teams meetings/calls. I'd love to be able to have one window for the call on one of my monitors, and the full Teams client open in my other monitor. The only workaround available now is opening the browser app and desktop app at the same time. I'd like to be able to pop out chats to new windows, too, but popping out meetings is what I really need.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Please prioritize this! The lack of windowed and tabbed chat is a huge blocker for my colleagues and I today. Teams needs the ability to support users who want to Meet, share and receive desktop share/streaming, and chat all simultaneously. It's what we do with Skype all the time and we really would like the improved reliability of teams along with it accommodating our work style with chat.

• Yuu Tency commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

++
        ctrl tab for switching between (active) chats would be a nice-to-have in regards to multiple chat windows

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A client that works across tenants (my own organization and tenants that I have been invite to as a guest) is imperative.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base