How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Multi-window for chats and more

I want to have separate top-level windows for each person I'm chatting with, rather than tabs.

2,449 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeffrey Tippet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

282 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"A separate "lite" client would be great as well. Teams is too bloated for most of our users that just want chat and web meetings. As of now, if Skype for Business is replaced, we will be looking for a different solution. Teams and SforB are really two different solutions."

Agreed

One of the most used features when I use Skype. If Skype for Business is going away then would want this capability in Teams.

Awesome that your working on it, switching to and fro between chats and files is a real pain.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A separate "lite" client would be great as well. Teams is too bloated for most of our users that just want chat and web meetings. As of now, if Skype for Business is replaced, we will be looking for a different solution. Teams and SforB are really two different solutions.

Seriously? This idea was raised in two years ago and is still not in the product? How did a single-window desktop App from Microsoft ever get approved in the first place? You are asking me to move from multi-windowed SfB to a single-windowed MS Teams - because it is an improvement...

• Wade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Teams eats up to much monitor space for chatting this is insane!!!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to be a negative-nancy, but as an organization that was an early adopter of Teams, we're continually bummed this has been a top-voted issue that's relatively unresolved for TWO YEARS.

The most common frustration noted by our users is the lack of pop-out chat. Remote employees may literally spend hours a day in screen-sharing style meetings.

It is absurd that you have to minimize the screen-share to a thumbnail to send someone an instant message. The ability to pop-out either the screen-sharing window -or- the chat window seems so reasonable.

Plus Skype 4 Biz, Slack, GotoMeeting, Zoom Meeting (need I go on?) have all done this for years! I don't understand why this continues to be ignored.

• Marius Pretorius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only for chats, tabs, etc. Teams is extremely limited in that you can only have one window open. There is a lot of lag when switching around to other tabs - this could be eliminated by keeping that window open.

Please post some update to this feature. One would think a windows application from Microsoft would take advantage of multiple windows.

• Jason Darst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to pile on with an additional comment. For those of us with multiple monitors and a lot of screen space, being able to have multiple windows is critical for efficient usage. I typically use in Skype one window for my meeting request while I work and chat on the other monitor. With teams, the needs is even greater since Teams puts even more functionality into one application.

Would be great to see this function appearing sooner rather than later. Also is there any plans for Jabra USB headset controls to be added in the near future ?

• Salim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

having to exit the team windows each time a message pop's out is annoying. it'll be good to have the option to separate the chat/IM from the rest of teams contect.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base