How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Multi-window for chats and more

I want to have separate top-level windows for each person I'm chatting with, rather than tabs.

6,388 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeffrey Tippet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

It has been three months since the last update, so checking in here to let you know this is still being actively worked on. I really appreciate your patience as we work on this.

I hope you’re all enjoying the holidays, and have a very Happy New Year!

Thanks,
Suphatra

662 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or add the ability to "pop out" a page, file, chat, or calls, etc.

• Chris Botto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

6 months since the last update from 3 months ago....update?? I can't multi-task in a teams meeting without minimizing the whole meeting?

Best I've found is to run the fat client and the web client at the same time....

• John Reinhardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - this feature is a must! Any updates, Suphrata?

To keep closing files when you're chatting is not a productive work flow.

• Dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want people to adopt your Skype replacement you should probably start by including basic features like this. Simply ridiculous you can't do this basic functionality that should of been included from the beginning.

• Ben Hancock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please...putting all this functionality into one client and then allowing only one running instance is like breaking into our offices and throwing our extra monitors in the trash.

• Nicole Rosenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The more we use for file sharing in Teams, the more imperative this feature set becomes. Please make it happen! Thanks!

• Sameer Mutalikdesai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very crucial and basic feature that every chat software should have. We will be happy to have this at the earliest.

I didn't see any progress on this since Dec'2018

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is still the hugest bane with Teams - i'm not sure why this falls below other items on your priority list, the items released in the last year have severely less business value than just opening up multiple windows. Teams is great and the lack of this feature takes it from a A- to D

• Tim Ariaans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@microsoft, what is the status ? Really annoying to have to start all over again every time when you switch from document to chat, it closes the document and also the folders.

• Jason Darst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get this in. As our organization moves more into Teams and moves Skype functionality into Teams, this is becoming a huge pain point. Having to move back and forth between my meeting, my teams channels, and chat is annoying and slows me down. I often will chat with people while viewing a screen share in a meeting and this makes me go back and forth to keep seeing what is presented. If nothing else, allow me to open multiple instances of the Teams desktop app.

• Jeremy Hager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been 6 months since the last update and Suphatra is no longer at Microsoft. Could we get a "hey we're still working on this" from someone who does? While I'm confident it has not, from this side it makes it feel as though this feature request was forgotten about.

• Wilbur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Soooooo, how ya doing? May be a hint of a whiff of when this might maybe happen?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base