How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views (charts, etc.) of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't group by Progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub

Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!

6,212 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminAlex (Teams Engineering, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

The last item in the original list, #5, is covered in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17017147-notification-for-planner-tasks. That one (planner task notifications) is currently in internal testing with a target for release in early Q2.

Because there are many different requests in the comments which makes it hard to update and track status of individual items, we are marking this completed, and will user individual UserVoice items to track any further Planner integration. If you have suggestions in the comments below that don’t have an existing UserVoice item, please feel free to create one.

Thanks all!

382 comments

Comments are closed
  • Emanuela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again I tried to include an already existing plan in a Teams channel. It gave me the options of applying one of existing plans, but all options were of plans once created in Teams, none first created in planner. So, once more, wasn´t possible to associate the plan I´ve been using...

• Mark Kibble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new changes are great! However, when running with Dark mode, the new options are not visible however I can stick click and open them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not think #1 is done. I created a new tab under a Team and have a plan with the same name available it just creates a new plan. I think the ask is for Groups, plans and teams to be all synced.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RE: Planner tab to include the Schedule and Charts view

Not showing up in dark view until you hover over them.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, looks like #6 might be done... I can see charts in a planner tab within teams now (though the "Charts" and "Schedule" buttons are invisible in the dark theme since the font color doesn't change)!

#5 is major for our team. We'd love to be able to turn off planner email alerts altogether and use Teams to manage what sorts of notifications we get and when.

• Jaime Munera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My 2 cents: There is Guest access to Planner but F1 users can't be assigned tasks... really? It does not make sense... F1 users should be able to use planner ... even limited functionality.

Would like to add to previous two comments.
    Agree with Danilo Scardua, when you mark a task completed in Teams app, it won't send message to users. When you do the same in Planner it does. Would prefer if they were the same.
    About reocurring tasks, would like to add that it would be good if you could easily copy buckets. Atm you can only copy tasks.

• Danilo Scardua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems when you add a comment to a Planner task using Microsoft Teams interface, it's not sending the email message to the office 365 group. I've teste updating the same information directly to the Planner(accessing via tile) and it does send the message. I'm following the office 365 Planner inbox and the expectation is to receive emails as soon you the task is updated

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous, I went to that location but I still do not see the Planner Hub. Is anyone else able to see the Planner Hub within Team?

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous, when in Teams, the last option of the left-hand side options (Activity, Chat, Teams, Meetings, Files) is 3 bubbles, click that, and you should see Planner as an option.

Great to see the progress on this! Keep it up!

Thank you! These are great additions/integrations that our team is already starting to use. Our team is looking forward to 5 & 6 as well. Regarding item #8, does anyone know how to access/view the Planner Hub in Teams now?

• Frank Paul Silye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the progress, but we are just about to abandon both Teams and Planner. Most of our Teams work with external partners and Planner is a good example of how badly O365 is designed. Why is collaborating with external partners working in one app and not in the other?

Feedback and Knowledge Base