Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams
Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:
1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views (charts, etc.) of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't group by Progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub
Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!
The last item in the original list, #5, is covered in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17017147-notification-for-planner-tasks. That one (planner task notifications) is currently in internal testing with a target for release in early Q2.
Because there are many different requests in the comments which makes it hard to update and track status of individual items, we are marking this completed, and will user individual UserVoice items to track any further Planner integration. If you have suggestions in the comments below that don’t have an existing UserVoice item, please feel free to create one.
385 commentsComments are closed
I would like to see a toolbar in OneNote (Web version), that creates a Planner Task with appropriate options, project, etc for the board, with a link to the Note placed in the comments on the task. This would provide a very nice workflow between Teams and Planner
Daniel Naylis commented
Please make it possible to tag someone in the comments of a planner task.
Please add recurring tasks in planner (Every month, week, year, etc)
Ability to more a task to another planner or bucket
Would be great if it is possible to have a "personal planner" - this is not possible when we have centralized creation of Teams & Planners
Judi Stewart commented
Ability to natively export Planner task details - all details! - as required to either Excel or PowerBI for external analysis.
ability to see your planner as a gant chart
[Deleted User] commented
Would be nice to be able to park projects.
Pat DeShon commented
I'm looking for better integration of planner to Outlook to support a more natural workflow.
Need to be able to create planner tasks from an email similar to follow up flags so the response mechanism is still tied to the email and documented through the response chain. Too manual to keep copying message content from outlook over to planner.
The originators cannot be given access to the planner site as they only should see their specific issue and would violate privacy to see all tasks.
#8 is key and i can not pin Planner to the left side vertical bar
Jonathan Lyon commented
Is it possible to add a connector for Planner so that Task Cards can be added to a channel conversation? - You can do this with Trello; however, Planner integrates with Teams a little better.
Also the ability to view multiple teams channels in another channel would be amazing - maybe a stretch.
Alexandre Turgeon commented
Need to attach files directly along with Link and Sharepoint.
1) need ability to pin the Planner app in the left nav.
2) need ability to change view of tasks to more list-oriented with sort feature
3) cannot see which channel a task is from unless the planner tab is named clearly - this is a major UI issue in my book. every channel owner is going to name those things differently and if I have a bunch of tasks from different channels, they get very mixed up without the visibility. at least the web view has the channel abbreviation icons for some clue...
Another item that would fit perfectly to my team is to be able to change the task card background, as in the VSTS Kanban board
You say #8 (Planner Hub) has been completed but I cannot see how to view the overall status of all plans, and it is not mentioned in the support article.
I look forward to your assistance.
It will be also better if we can add files directly in planner via Teams. And not open planner just to add some files
My vote is for #3 in the original post.
Elicia Ferrer commented
- Allow user to set default Planner view when pinning to Team (e.g. calendar)
-Allow planner to remember my group by and filter settings